xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Hdd Booting Idea?  (Read 96 times)

itsme185

• Archived User
Xbox Hdd Booting Idea?
« on: January 07, 2007, 03:26:00 AM »

Hay guys, i don't have a 360 one of my mates does though but i was pondering in my own little thoughts(not sure if this has been covered yet :S had a quick 10 minute scan and couldn't find anything) any way was wondering what the files are like for a demo on the 360 hdd i.e is it the same as a game? if so could you put the game on the hdd in the folder were the demos should be and the hdd.

Basically what im saying is could the game come up under the demo booting selector on the dashboard.

And please if this has been covered don't have a "flame fest" blah blah blah..

Ignition11

• Archived User
Xbox Hdd Booting Idea?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 05:55:00 AM »

Nope, that wouldn't work as the 360 requires all executables to be signed to run, and we don't have the M$ private key to sign our own ones.

nickolasj80

• Archived User
Xbox Hdd Booting Idea?
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 09:57:00 AM »

We need someone small, fast and stealthy to break into Micromoney to do a splinter cell type operation to get the key...any volunteers?  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

...Mission Impossible theme song optional.

This post has been edited by nickolasj80: Jan 7 2007, 05:58 PM

jameswalter

• Archived User
Xbox Hdd Booting Idea?
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 11:02:00 AM »

1)  Not possible due to the fact that demos are signed to be run off of the HD, and games are signed to be run only off discs.

2)  This was the first thought back when the 360 came out, many people tried it, and it doesn't work.

3)  The pinned topic in this forum states "All 'pure speculation' posts, and posts which do not add substance to the thread/forum will be moved or removed at the moderators discretion. "  If you had bothered to even try it, it wouldn't be speculation.  So I am closing this.

TOPIC CLOSED: PURE SPECULATION