xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: I'm Gonna Try To Bust The Container Encryption  (Read 448 times)

Millenia1x

• Archived User
I'm Gonna Try To Bust The Container Encryption
« Reply #45 on: December 25, 2006, 05:44:00 PM »

we would need a time machine to do this

FrEaKsHoW12390

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2006, 07:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(zviper @ Dec 25 2006, 01:12 PM) View Post

that is impossible with anything we can see in the future. it too my computer 4 months to brute force a file that was encrypted with this password  hF5D8~!82*   i could use my computer the time i had to use a laptop.

the file contained nothing in the end..  mad.gif

lol wow it really is time to upgrade xD

eyric101

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2006, 08:02:00 PM »

Actually I like SCVirus' Idea.  It has a lot more potential.  Anyone up for a mission impossible style breaking and entering?

comradpoplin

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2006, 05:25:00 PM »

key! i have a key i finnally found my house key it unlocks my front door maybe it could unlock the secrets of the 360 to!.

only friskin with yas im up for the xbox being opend up just as much as any one but to put your time into such a fruitless task seems pointless when there are no doubt more viable options that you could spend your time probing eventually leading to the same desired effect
=someones proudly home made version of pong! running on there beast of a 360  happy.gif

nickolasj80

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2007, 03:46:00 AM »

Screw this!  I'm just gonna call M$ and tell them:

"Hello, this is Steve Douglas, I am from the encryption key checking department.  I need to make sure your key is secure.  Could you please email me the key so that we may run it through our systems?"

Then, after they email it, I would end the call with:
"By the way, is your refrigerator running?"

cool.gif  Comedy gold!

In all seriousness, there has got to be a back door to the 360...

An interesting concept, in hacking Nagravsion2 (Dish Network's most recent encryption venue), a perfect analogy was given to express how the security worked...it was like this:

Picture a house, inside the house is the data we need.  The house has a front door, a back door (possibly) and a window.  Even if you had a key to the house, you couldnt just walk right in, because there was a guard.  So essentially what needs to be done is this, a distraction is carried out to keep the guard occupied, say a brick through the window, at that point you would attempt to enter through the back door, once inside the guard could do very little to stop you from getting what you wanted.

My point is this, with the 360 there is probably multiple levels of security (ie, doors and a guard).  The best bet I see for exploiting this box is simultaneous attacks at most or all levels of its security, it will, eventually leave one layer exposed, then BAM, we're in like Flynn.

thoughts?

PS my concept was for exploiting the box itself, not the 2048 key, like most others have said, thats a lost cause.

Drunkn_Munky

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2007, 08:00:00 AM »

QUOTE(peetyboy2006 @ Nov 27 2006, 02:58 AM) View Post

you are going to brute force the 2048bit encryption key??? The one that would take thousands of years to crack using the most advanced supercomputers on the planet???

I guess you've never read Dan Brown's Digital Fortress tongue.gif

Magixx

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2007, 04:19:00 PM »

@TheGreekBazos

Rainbow Tables can get really large, for example my current and best rainbow table is 64GB in size and contains every keyboard character. You also have to remember that generating these tables takes months.

jizmo

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2007, 01:39:00 AM »

It's a non-sense thread and brute forcing the key isn't obviously an option - it's been discussed a thousand times in the forums.

But just out of curiosity - let's say that you WOULD get the right key by a chance. How would one test it out in practise, to know if it's the right one?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]