xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Copy Video To Xbox 360 Hard Drive  (Read 65 times)

jedihermit

• Archived User
Copy Video To Xbox 360 Hard Drive
« on: August 25, 2006, 01:41:00 PM »

Its a shame the 360 claims my network is too slow to stream standard video with MCE 2005 but my old xbox can play DVD images fine.  Has anyone tried copying video files directly to the 360 hard drive with the SATA adaptor?  What codecs doest the 360 support and is it possible to add any?  I have several xvids I don't want to  reencode and would rather not have to use both oxbox systems.

PedrosPad

• Archived User
Copy Video To Xbox 360 Hard Drive
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 10:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(jedihermit @ Aug 25 2006, 08:48 PM) *

Its a shame the 360 claims my network is too slow to stream standard video with MCE 2005 but my old xbox can play DVD images fine.  Has anyone tried copying video files directly to the 360 hard drive with the SATA adaptor?  What codecs doest the 360 support and is it possible to add any?  I have several xvids I don't want to  reencode and would rather not have to use both oxbox systems.

Good questions all.  Unfortunately I don't have the answers at this point.

If you network is too slow for streaming to the X360 - you have the option to burn video to DVD-Video disks, and pop them into the X360 console to watch movies.  I've played back burnt DVD-Video disks without problem (but they need to made your region, multi-region, or region free).

I did come across this interesting news article about M$ DRM now been cracked - it may be a contributor in any future ability to do as you ask, as it's likely that the video trailers that are downloaded from the XML Marketplace are protected by some of the same M$ technology.

This post has been edited by PedrosPad: Aug 31 2006, 05:34 PM