xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Live Arcade  (Read 147 times)

johnodd26360

• Archived User
Xbox Live Arcade
« on: May 13, 2006, 10:30:00 PM »

well i have been downloading trial versions of xbox live arcade games

wik

smash tv

joust

zuma

and i found something interresting

after you download the trial version and convert it to a full version the download for the full version is one file one file changes that unlocks the xbox live arcade full version which basically means that if someone figures out how to make a fake ini file for the trial version you can convert it to the full version problem with this idea due to the fact that xbox live unlocks achivements and keeps a record of what you have downloaded you would get kicked off of xbox live due to the record

so in order for this to work would be

hacking the code to block the game from updating the xbox live account hacking the one ini to stop the game from connecting to live and hacking the biod in order to have the 360 not record the download information

Wolves

• Archived User
Xbox Live Arcade
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2006, 11:39:00 PM »

Think before posting, with over 20,000 members would you not think that maybe that has been thought of before? And try it out yourself, save the moderators who have to close atleast 50 posts a day by trying it out yourself. Besides, if you've read AT ALL then you would know that changing anything in the executable would break the key MS uses. Also, there is a thread already going on to see if you can convert trial games to full.

Post script, In the post about using windows media center to hack the console that you posted in, Please read at least the replies (like the one that I made) before anything else.

Save the mods, read before posting!

PedrosPad

• Archived User
Xbox Live Arcade
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 01:48:00 AM »

QUOTE(johnodd26360 @ May 14 2006, 05:01 AM) View Post

problem with this idea due to the fact that xbox live unlocks achivements and keeps a record of what you have downloaded you would get kicked off of xbox live due to the record

so in order for this to work would be
hacking the code to block the game from updating the xbox live account hacking the one ini to stop the game from connecting to live
and
hacking the biod in order to have the 360 not record the download information

Simply using a removeable mempak-based XBL profile, and unpluging the network cable when playing pirated XBL Arcade content not an option?

sy5tem

• Archived User
Xbox Live Arcade
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006, 10:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(Wolves @ May 14 2006, 06:10 AM) *

Think before posting, with over 20,000 members would you not think that maybe that has been thought of before? And try it out yourself, save the moderators who have to close atleast 50 posts a day by trying it out yourself. Besides, if you've read AT ALL then you would know that changing anything in the executable would break the key MS uses. Also, there is a thread already going on to see if you can convert trial games to full.
Post script, In the post about using windows media center to hack the console that you posted in, Please read at least the replies (like the one that I made) before anything else.

Save the mods, read before posting!

i think its a legitimate idea and ppl like you shud just take it easy nobody force YOU to read it hehe!!!
and the idea of playing off line once cracked is great too.. only thing is of course nobody breaked the encryption used to check the codes.

its something thats might be interesting considering all the game thats will comme out on arcade .. including sonic e.t.c ....

lordvader129

• Archived User
Xbox Live Arcade
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006, 04:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(sy5tem @ May 16 2006, 12:15 PM) *

i think its a legitimate idea and ppl like you shud just take it easy nobody force YOU to read it hehe!!!
and the idea of playing off line once cracked is great too.. only thing is of course nobody breaked the encryption used to check the codes.

its something thats might be interesting considering all the game thats will comme out on arcade .. including sonic e.t.c ....

hmm, unlocking the full version of a game without having to pay for it...smells like piracy to me, and guess what we dont allow here?

This post has been edited by lordvader129: May 16 2006, 11:20 PM