xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xboxmcx.xex - Possibly The File The 360 Runs Mce With?  (Read 88 times)

ludacrisvp

• Archived User
Xboxmcx.xex - Possibly The File The 360 Runs Mce With?
« on: March 29, 2006, 11:57:00 PM »

Ok so I am new to Xbox... I was a big PS2 fan, and I was using the memcard exploit so I am not a complete noob..anyways

I have Media Center 2005 and Xbox 360 and I was looking through my computers system files to see how many different files there were in comparison to XP Pro.

So I had never seen the folder called "ehome" before and I was looking through it and there was a folder called update and I looked in there (C:\WINDOWS\ehome\Update)  to find XboxMcx.xex.
I am thinking that the file is what the 360 runs when you connect to the PC, I was thinking if it was possible to modify this file or replace it with another xex that may allow an exploit of some kind.
I currently dont have a hex editor to view the file contents on the machine so I dont know what is in there the file is about 4.8MB so it must do something.
I know that the hypervisor does a signature chek before running but this file may not be as well protected like the demo disc was.
Not sure if this helps anyone but it is an idea.

ludacrisvp

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 10:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(jizmo @ Mar 30 2006, 06:14 AM) View Post

You may not be noob, but you noobishly failed to use the search function.

Yeah i guess i kind of missed that it would be nice if the actual search worked instead of using the google search. i love google but i dont like how it searches a fourm...anyways thanks for the link.
Sorry

Angerwound

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 03:11:00 AM »

There is also a copy of this file within your 360's Paritition3/content/000000000/ directory!

That would be the one getting loaded. The one on the PC is simply being checked for existance (install of MCE)