xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Mce Could Help?  (Read 91 times)

Sonicjam

• Archived User
Mce Could Help?
« on: February 24, 2006, 07:15:00 PM »

I found went to the file in my PC that the xbox 360 loads mce of. I replaced it with the xbox 360 update xex file from xbox.com. I went to my xbox 360 and it started to download the file and got an error. i'm thinkin there a loop hole here.

Sonicjam

• Archived User
Mce Could Help?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 08:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(Sonicjam @ Feb 25 2006, 03:22 AM) View Post

I found went to the file in my PC that the xbox 360 loads mce of. I replaced it with the xbox 360 update xex file from xbox.com. I went to my xbox 360 and it started to download the file and got an error. i'm thinkin there a loop hole here.
ok i'll bet some people didn't understand so let me rephrase it. I went to the file that the xbox 360 uses to boot up, in the pc. The file is in this dir. C:\WINDOWS\EHome\Update. The file is called XboxMcx.xex, i replaced that file with the file you download on xbox.com that upadates the xbox 360 when you burn it on a disc. I went to my xbox 360 and tried it. It was downloading the file but got an error, it didn't booted up. i'm trying to say is instead of mce booting up, a homebrew file will boot.

deacon187

• Archived User
Mce Could Help?
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2006, 09:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(Sonicjam @ Feb 24 2006, 09:48 PM) View Post

ok i'll bet some people didn't understand so let me rephrase it. I went to the file that the xbox 360 uses to boot up, in the pc. The file is in this dir. C:\WINDOWS\EHome\Update. The file is called XboxMcx.xex, i replaced that file with the file you download on xbox.com that upadates the xbox 360 when you burn it on a disc. I went to my xbox 360 and tried it. It was downloading the file but got an error, it didn't booted up. i'm trying to say is instead of mce booting up, a homebrew file will boot.

thats what i got out of your original post

great find btw
its nice to see that it tries to boot the file, i cant see this working to any advantage yet until the 360 is cracked completely,  then this can be used to softmod and/or boot homebrew

but first we need to know what to write as the file of our homebrew so that we know the xbox WILL read it, all the way through at least

Sonicjam

• Archived User
Mce Could Help?
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2006, 06:48:00 AM »

i know they aren't any hombrew, and i think i know why it didn't booted up because the file is not made for the pc to process. the mce file processes in the pc, but the update file works on the xbox 360 and it processes there.