xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Launchin A Dashboard Throught The Kiosk Disk  (Read 74 times)

guitarfrk

• Archived User
Launchin A Dashboard Throught The Kiosk Disk
« on: January 30, 2006, 08:37:00 PM »

i thought i had something...and maybe this is something you guys can work off of..bu earlier i was messin wit da kiosk disc and decided to replace hextic with the msdash buy renaming it to default.xbe and changing the launch file command thingy(config document i guess) to launch default.xbe instead of default.xex...and i placed the msdash into the hextic folder...booted her up and launched hextic...well the xbox 1 emulator started up..but then i got a msg saying the game wasnt supported....BUT it was a diff msg than if u put a regular game thats not supported by backwards compatibility....

i just thought that maybe if someone could try to launch a diff dash or maybe even some other software through this..

only thing is that im thinking it still runs the media check sooo mad.gif

BUTTT.. now keep in mind i know litle bout this area...BUTT what if you could change the (md5 tag i think is wat its caklled..) or watever  to make it think  the ms dash is a game bc its almost like it didnt media check when i tried to boot the dash..it just didnt have an emulation for it soo it wouldnt boot....

once again ..just a little bit of insight so plzzz dont flame for it...

hopefully this can help yall..

peace

s0ftm0d

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 10:38:00 PM »

Not really

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 01:03:00 PM »

it was the media check that got you, the MS dash is set to run off a hard drive only

if you were to edit any part of the xbe to make it look like a different game you would invalidate the signature and it wouldnt run at all