xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: King Kong Demo (kiosk Disk)  (Read 67 times)

ymgve

• Archived User
King Kong Demo (kiosk Disk)
« on: January 16, 2006, 08:49:00 AM »

Even though the game has an .exe, it is still just a renamed .xex file, so that's a dead end. Experimenting with the content of the bigfile, however, might give some results.

NoFace

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 10:21:00 AM »

Yeah, I was messing around with it last night. if you remove the bigfile from the kiosk disk, it loads the intro video and comes to a black screen. Is it possible there is some command I can add to the ini to possibly launch something?

ymgve

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 03:42:00 PM »

Try playing around with the bigfile unpacker.

NoFace

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 05:39:00 PM »

I saw that posted in the main news. I have extracted the kingkongthegame_clean.bf, but even if I was able to do something with it, I cant repack the file. Anyone have any idea how I would do this?

justin2042

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2006, 06:28:00 AM »

Get bf unpacker v.1.1 you can rebuild the bf. file I have been wondering about the same thing. Any idea what binarized value=1 is about.  Really curious to see if this is just another dead end or not.

adamscybot

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2006, 01:15:00 PM »

The media player image is most interesting - its doubtful, but it could be buried in the xex somewhere. If it was, I dont really see a way in anyway.

Probably just slipped in during development  blink.gif

Adam

TWiST

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2006, 07:42:00 PM »

When u launch the kiosk disc it disconnects from live, just unplug ur lan if ur affriad there not gonna know anything though im sure.

PaulK501

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2006, 07:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(TWiST @ Jan 23 2006, 09:49 PM) View Post

When u launch the kiosk disc it disconnects from live, just unplug ur lan if ur affriad there not gonna know anything though im sure.

ok thanks for the advice, but will is show up on my gamer card as a game i last played?

NoFace

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2006, 08:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(PaulK501 @ Jan 24 2006, 03:56 AM) View Post

ok thanks for the advice, but will is show up on my gamer card as a game i last played?

I see what you are saying, but why should MS care? Think about it, if they actually ask just say that you got the disk from "a friend" or tell them it was on display in the store. This disk is a legit demo disk, so they really dont have any say in the matter.