xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hello World ! By Team Pi  (Read 214 times)

MaTiAz

• Archived User
Hello World ! By Team Pi
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2006, 10:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Jan 6 2006, 06:27 PM) View Post

got this quote out of one of the news releases
note, unsigned content, not code, the press release seems to indicate team Pi just put an swf in there and isnt actually executing any unsigned code, chances are this is all team Pi ever claimed to do, but people see "unsinged" and jump the gun

So then it would've been good if they mentioned about X-S forums and illicitx who originally got SWFs to run on the 360 in the first place tongue.gif
When some famous name uses something created by another not so famous one, the famous name gets even more famous and the other one gets forgotten... :/

rooter75

• Archived User
Hello World ! By Team Pi
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2006, 02:23:00 PM »

Correct me if I am wrong but everything that Pi does seems to be way overplayed.  I mean the Xml stuff that MGFox has done is more impressive then just a color screen with simple text. And the whole development over in the "Launching Swf Files Via Kiosk Disk" thread by the likes of illicitx, gloei and the many others involved is delving into more usable areas.  It seems like they (pi) keep blowing their own horn and trying to take credit for cracking the 360 without really doing it!

Thats just my 2 cents

Tchau,

Rooter75

Keshire

• Archived User
Hello World ! By Team Pi
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2006, 10:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(rooter75 @ Jan 6 2006, 03:30 PM) View Post

Correct me if I am wrong but everything that Pi does seems to be way overplayed.  I mean the Xml stuff that MGFox has done is more impressive then just a color screen with simple text. And the whole development over in the "Launching Swf Files Via Kiosk Disk" thread by the likes of illicitx, gloei and the many others involved is delving into more usable areas.  It seems like they (pi) keep blowing their own horn and trying to take credit for cracking the 360 without really doing it!

Thats just my 2 cents

Tchau,

Rooter75

Yep. Seem to be taking credit for stuff that just falls in their laps with no real work involved.

Overloaded

• Archived User
Hello World ! By Team Pi
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2006, 10:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(unspoiledpuma @ Jan 4 2006, 09:23 PM) View Post

Im VERY SCEPTIKAL BUT WHO KNOWS  blink.gif link 2
link 1

if you look at his link2 it clearly shows the fake boot disc NFO from nforce.nl that was nuked. and then it speaks of this Hello World text on the screen. well remember the fake PSP hacked the 360 video? the program used in that fake video was accually called Hello World and this is what its really for:

Hello World on Firmware 2.01 and 2.50!
Posted by greg

psp3d are reporting on successfully running unsigned code on firmware versions 2.01 and 2.50 via the hacked save game file for GTA:LCS released by Edison Carter. This is a huge breakthrough for 2.01/2.50 firmware users!

Hello World for 2.01/2.5 PSPs has now been released by Fanjita. Using Edison Carter’s GTA cheat machine, Fanjita has successfully found a way to load custom code on firmwares 2.XX of the PSP, through a savegame exploit/glitch in GTA.

This program he has compiled successfully demonstrates how to run the Hello World homebrew application on 2.01/2.5 PSPs (which prooves external code launching on 2.XX). In the future, expect things such as an EBOOT loader and more soon!

Quoted by Fanjita, “This Hello World demonstrates the proof of concept that this can be used to run applications, and provides an easier platform for other people to work with - not to mention, a platform for me to get the EBOOT loader working on top of.”

Note that you will need a copy of GTA: LCS in order for you to run this hack! So go out and buy your copy today (heh, Sony should be seeing a lot of profits).

For installation steps, check out the readme.

Big ups to Fanjita on this hack, and extended credits to Jim Paris, psp123, EdisonCarter, abu, toc2rta, groepaz and bitmap1 for their contributions. Great job!

Download Hello World for 2.01/2.50!

its a PSP app that allows newer psp firmware to run some homebrew apps that it normally woundnt run.

all these fake stories linked togehter and this time they put PI in the story and people start dreaming again.

i want the 360 hacked just as bad as the next guy but all these fake twisted to fool you stories are really lame.

is0-mick

• Archived User
Hello World ! By Team Pi
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2006, 04:06:00 PM »

I can do it without using flash. (probly not quite what you mean tho)  wink.gif  still interesting all the same.
See image

picture

no its not fake

Mick

supneo

• Archived User
Hello World ! By Team Pi
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2006, 10:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(is0-mick @ Jan 11 2006, 12:13 AM) View Post

I can do it without using flash. (probly not quite what you mean tho)  wink.gif  still interesting all the same.
See image

picture

no its not fake
Mick

this photo does not demonstrate anything  sleep.gif  , of where the removed ace?  uhh.gif

supneo  smile.gif
Pages: 1 [2]