xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Default.xex Editing?  (Read 368 times)

CamdogXIII

• Archived User
Default.xex Editing?
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2006, 06:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(SkateorDie @ Jan 16 2006, 08:22 PM) View Post

I think the only way we will be able to crack it anytime soon will for us to have an inside at M$ give us the signature. Maybe in a year or so we will have some media hacks.

i don't even think that any person handles the signature, or would have access to it. (not even Bill smile.gif )

MacDennis

• Archived User
Default.xex Editing?
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2006, 08:48:00 AM »

QUOTE(CamdogXIII @ Jan 17 2006, 02:48 AM) *

i don't even think that any person handles the signature, or would have access to it. (not even Bill (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) )
Taken from:
monad

Then, because we are releasing the bits publicly, we have to sign them with MS's official private key. To do this we send the bits off to a team at MS called Product Release Services, which submits them to the official machines that guard MS's private key. Since it would be very bad if someone managed to PRS sign some rogue bits, you need a submitter and 2 approvers who all need to be MS full-time employees, and they need to use their cardkey PIN to prove it is them. It takes about an hour for the signing to happen.

SCVirus

• Archived User
Default.xex Editing?
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2006, 09:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(SkateorDie @ Jan 17 2006, 02:22 AM) *

I think the only way we will be able to crack it anytime soon will for us to have an inside at M$ give us the signature. Maybe in a year or so we will have some media hacks.

Good luck... unless you got alot of guns and crazy people near Redmond, or have a video of Billy being bad.

This post has been edited by SCVirus: Jan 20 2006, 05:14 AM

regulater7

• Archived User
Default.xex Editing?
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2006, 11:06:00 PM »

What would happen if they found the key? becuz i mean they couldnt just change the key on like a version 2 xbox 360, becuz then all the games that had been released already would not work on it, and if they changed the signature on all the new games, they wouldnt work on the version 1 xbox 360. Would they just be kinda fucked and keep producing the games with the same sig?

crosseye

• Archived User
Default.xex Editing?
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2006, 11:25:00 PM »

They're not worried about anyone getting the key. People just need to face it, it's NOT going to happen. You have a better chance of single handedly overthrowing the American government by force than you do of getting that key.

jiggysmb

• Archived User
Default.xex Editing?
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2006, 11:01:00 AM »

i-hacked has a link to a movie that interested me...

This post has been edited by jiggysmb: Jul 3 2006, 06:02 PM

dutch nelson

• Archived User
Default.xex Editing?
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2006, 02:56:00 AM »

Or all XS members  all storm the building that has the key.
We bring our group of hackers to their computers and let them do their thing while we hold back the police.

Im from europe but i would come and help.

This post has been edited by dutch nelson: Jul 5 2006, 09:56 AM

littlestevie360

• Archived User
Default.xex Editing?
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2006, 02:35:00 AM »

i am from australia but i'd join in... give me an m16 and a few explosives and they wont come anywhere near us for a while
wink.gif

BiohazrD

• Archived User
Default.xex Editing?
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2006, 12:46:00 PM »

QUOTE(ymgve @ Jan 16 2006, 05:55 PM) View Post

Hopefully sooner. It's already possible to create a MD5 collision in just a few hours, and it is possible to create a SHA-1 collision in 2^63 operations (http://www.schneier....ryptanalyt.html). Of course, these are collision attacks and not preimage attacks, but we're getting there.

There is a huge difference between creating a hash collision and modifing the executable to have/not have certain features and it have the same hash.

Zombiekenny

• Archived User
Default.xex Editing?
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2006, 04:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(littlestevie360 @ Jul 5 2006, 10:42 AM) View Post

i am from australia but i'd join in... give me an m16 and a few explosives and they wont come anywhere near us for a while
wink.gif

i bet you would think its wourth your life

rooter75

• Archived User
Default.xex Editing?
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2006, 04:30:00 PM »

man sometimes things that go on in this forum are dead ringers for things that happen in my life! for example here is a thread conversation being picked back up after oh 5-6 months of resting in peace. Real life example - my wife starting back up on a 5 month old fight. Both leave me with an uneasy feeling of disconnected communication.  Oh well I do love my wife and the scene... so play on playa haters.

peke

• Archived User
Default.xex Editing?
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2006, 07:36:00 PM »

wont it be like posible to het those bits by using some kind of machine that just reads like every bit and you would be able to gues the number of bits ofcourse but it would be a hell lot faster I think then using like supercomputers or somthing like that to generate a code
Pages: 1 [2]