xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xboxmcx.xex  (Read 158 times)

The Anarchist

• Archived User
Xboxmcx.xex
« on: December 30, 2005, 06:22:00 PM »

just a minute ago after connecting my 360 with media center 2005 i was looking in the media center directory ( windows/ehome ) i found a file called "XboxMcx.xex" in the folder called update and i am guessing this is what the xbox downloads from the computer to connect to mediacenter. and i am wondering if anyway this could be used to put some kind of exploit or somthing    i dont know at the moment if it is signed because it was obviosly spawned from the media center extender ( which puts in my mind that it is not signed or the software signed it or it was already signed) but anyway if someone could replace this with a demo on th kiosk disk and launch it to see what happens or even relacing the XboxMcx.xex file with a game dump xex and try to launch media center

excuse this if i sound like a complete idiot but i thought it might be os some interest

The Anarchist

• Archived User
Xboxmcx.xex
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 06:58:00 PM »

hopefully it wont be signed which would allow us to make changes to it and not affect its usabillity.

sorry dont know of any progs

but also try rename it to default.xex and burn it to cd or dvd and see what the 360 says as i am a bit short of blank disks ( DAM DHL  grr.gif ) DHL = Drop it , Hide it , Lose it  hahaha

Keep trying though as u prob know alot more than me at this stage

The Anarchist

• Archived User
Xboxmcx.xex
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2005, 08:45:00 PM »

sorry idiotic statement blink.gif      of course it must be signed i ran a test to see what it was like

here is a liitle of what i found

file header= XEX2
Code Offset= 0x00003000
Signature offset= 0x00000088
OptHeaderEntryCount= 14

sorry dont like typing there is loads more

also it refferes to 2 files that look interesting XAM.XEX and XBOXKRNL.exe

why would it have an exe file and not a XEX

The Anarchist

• Archived User
Xboxmcx.xex
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2005, 01:36:00 PM »

i will try get as many as i can and put em in a list and it might be ussfull later

crosseye

• Archived User
Xboxmcx.xex
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2006, 10:39:00 AM »

Don't mean to burst any non logical bubbles, but all programs that run on 360 MUST be signed. It doesn't matter if it's a game or an app, the 360 will NOT run unsigned code. If it did in any way run unsigned code, that would kinda defeat the purpose of security now wouldn't it.  smile.gif