xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Just A Thought  (Read 87 times)

Cloudkill

• Archived User
Just A Thought
« on: December 29, 2005, 12:08:00 PM »

You may know About the PSO stream that came out for the Gamecube,
well I was wondering if it would be posible to remake that software, and make the Xbox 360 think its connected to Xbox live.

Then when they have been backed up obviously thats olnly happend to a Kiosk demo (but we could use that)
Have the Xbox 360 game on the PC then upload it via the Live exploited software,
go to the download section on the Xbox 360 dash,
and download it from the PC direct to the 360 HDD, and run it off the HDD.
This could also be done with a version of Slayers modded for use with Xbox 360 like a softmod.

So then there would be no need for a mod chip because you would be tricking the 360 into downloading a game.exe of Slayers or Evox run it on the HDD and it would think it was playing a Game but you would actualy be installing it.
Then Evox/Slayers software would allow you to use backups import or anything.

Then there would be no need to open the Xbox 360 and install a mod chip.

It just a thought I don't know if it poss maybe someone else could tell me some flaws in that plan.

lordvader129

• Archived User
Just A Thought
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 12:18:00 PM »

well the flaw i see is your just getting the software to the 360, it provides no way to get the 360 to run the unsigned code (spoofing Live wont get you around the signature requirement)

plus spoofing Live is alot easier said than done, look at xbox1, you dont see any fake Live servers running there either

Cloudkill

• Archived User
Just A Thought
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 12:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Dec 29 2005, 07:25 PM) View Post

well the flaw i see is your just getting the software to the 360, it provides no way to get the 360 to run the unsigned code (spoofing Live wont get you around the signature requirement)

plus spoofing Live is alot easier said than done, look at xbox1, you dont see any fake Live servers running there either

I was just about to mention that, the reason I though no one did that was because (like the PSO servers) they don't want to be the one's caught hosting illigal game servers, the file format would have to be exactly the same as the demos, not ISO or anything like that, I know it seems like a really mad idear but I think it would work it would only be small software to install on the PC.
Plus the signature could be found out if you could get a moded Xbox 1 XBMC, to chat with a Xbox 360 over a LAN, XBMC would allow you to browes the files on the Xbox 360 HDD, and maybe then we would be on the wright tracks of softmoding.

Its just an idear though I though I would come here to ask the People that would know so if you think it wont work then your proberly wright lol.

lordvader129

• Archived User
Just A Thought
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2005, 12:42:00 PM »

trust me, theres no way of finding the signature that way, none at all

plus i dont think 360 will allow read access to its HD via normal protocols, it might be able to read media from an XBMC modded xbox, but thats it

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
Just A Thought
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2005, 01:05:00 PM »

This kid is confused about what is really happenning here. What Lordvader was trying (Actually DID say)to say is this. Even IF somehow you managed to spoof live (again, very difficult)and get your own software onto the 360, there's no way to run it. The 360 won't run unsigned code. You said that you could put a version of xbmc or other dash on it and it would allow you to boot other things. That's where you're confused. The dashes never allowed ANYTHING to boot. The hacked bios was what allowed these dashes and everything else to boot on xbox. Simply putting something on the hard drive doesn't mean it will run. The real trick is getting unsigned code to run. For that some sort of exploit or circumvention needs to be discovered. Simply transfering files over does nothing but eat up hard disk space. There's nothing wrong with trying to read/write to the hd this way even though it would be a very difficult task to complete but it's not going to do any good as far as running created or manipulated code.