xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Pi Released The Demo Disc From The Kiosks And.. Behold  (Read 413 times)

krayzie

• Archived User
Pi Released The Demo Disc From The Kiosks And.. Behold
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2005, 09:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(leXor @ Dec 27 2005, 04:59 PM) View Post

If your statement is correct, would this be possible:
1. Find a default.xex on the demo-kiosk disc that uses some unsigned dll-like file.
2. Hack the unsigned dll and make it execute a default.xex file from any retail game without changing the app-id - making the 360 think that it's still running the first app, when it's infact launching a retail backup game.

I don't know if something like this is even possible or if it's just another stupid suggestion.
Atleast I try tongue.gif

Well the exectuables are the files that are protected through signatures and media checks. That doesn't mean that all other files on the disc are unprotected too. There can be hash checks made by the executables themselves (like xboxdash.xbe checks a lot of it's supporting files)
If you can hack a supporting file that isn't hash checked and has vulnerabilities so you can make it turn off all other protections in the 360 (like the ram hashing naming one thing) and make it run an unsigned app then we would have an utopia disc. Unfortunately this seems rather imposible especially since we now nearly nothing about the xbox's cryptologie and protection circumventions at this point. this and the fact that it's rather unlikely that we can find flaws that can exploit the 360's major protections in these few rare discs is highly unlikely.

You cannot launch an xex and bypass the checks no matter what xex was loaded before that

OcnewB

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2005, 09:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(mksoftware @ Dec 27 2005, 05:24 PM) View Post

Indeed, seems MS did this because they thought it would be easier for all people over the world.....

I really dont know what you mean uhh.gif

big_xbox_n00bie

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2005, 09:29:00 AM »

Has anyone actually dled this and tried it yet? I have access to it but no x360.

-BxN

OcnewB

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2005, 09:33:00 AM »

QUOTE(big_xbox_n00bie @ Dec 27 2005, 05:36 PM) View Post

Has anyone actually dled this and tried it yet? I have access to it but no x360.

-BxN

And I seem to be unable to find it in the newsgroups. I do have a 360. So for me its vice versa :-)

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2005, 09:36:00 AM »

In case you guys missed it....there allready have been demo discs released for weeks that miss the same media protections. This also caused alot of speculations but turned out useless also. So why is everybody speaking of big breakhroughs and such. As of yet there is nothing special about this disc other then it can be copied.

JimmyGoon

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2005, 11:15:00 AM »

How about the Final Fantasy Beta?

I've been wanting to get my hands on that but I don't wanna go buy the magazine just for the disc...

mlwood37

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2005, 11:18:00 AM »

its been posted on a.b.g.xbox360 now

endz

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2005, 11:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(krayzie @ Dec 27 2005, 04:43 PM) View Post

So why is everybody speaking of big breakhroughs and such.

So why is Pi making a lot of noise about it?  (seriously)

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2005, 11:21:00 AM »

becuz they want to hype their work just like they did with their game dumps and tools

tubesock

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2005, 11:22:00 AM »

2 hours ETA here... wonder if it will work on NTSC 360's, let you know.

ksteiner

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2005, 11:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(krayzie @ Dec 27 2005, 05:43 PM) View Post

In case you guys missed it....there allready have been demo discs released for weeks that miss the same media protections. This also caused alot of speculations but turned out useless also. So why is everybody speaking of big breakhroughs and such. As of yet there is nothing special about this disc other then it can be copied.

Wow dude your like my hero, that 007 installer is the best I didnt have any trouble it took me like 10 mins dude ur the greatest. This guy knows what hes talking about lol, but hopefully Mr.Krazie can use the demo disc and make an exploit. biggrin.gif  

beerchug.gif cheers for modding

ps: krazie are you working on something right now for the 360???

cyberg4

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2005, 11:34:00 AM »

Just because it is unsigned doesn't mean it is legal to download, so stop asking for pm's or links etc.  requesting a place to illegally aqquire copyrighted material is illegal and will get you banned from these forums so stop doing it.
PS  the mods are going to have a hayday with the bans  muhaha.gif

ksteiner

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2005, 11:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(cyberg4 @ Dec 27 2005, 07:41 PM) View Post

Just because it is unsigned doesn't mean it is legal to download, so stop asking for pm's or links etc.  requesting a place to illegally aqquire copyrighted material is illegal and will get you banned from these forums so stop doing it.
PS  the mods are going to have a hayday with the bans  muhaha.gif

Dude its for a good cause that even you will benefit from so why ban if we're doing it for a good cause. I dont need it cause i dont have a 360 but ill get one when its moded.

InterestedHacker

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2005, 11:38:00 AM »

I seriously doubt it's unsigned.  If it was unsigned that means the console will run unsigned code...

So, this disc is damn near useless.

Avenger 2.0

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2005, 11:41:00 AM »

Just imagine. Download an iso, burn it, run it... and your xbox is modded. This is even more simple than with the old Xbox. Me thing someone at MS is going to get fired really soon  biggrin.gif
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4