xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Possible Xbox Save Transfer With Memory Card?  (Read 145 times)

OpticNurv

• Archived User
Possible Xbox Save Transfer With Memory Card?
« on: December 24, 2005, 06:32:00 AM »

the only problem so far is gettin the damn mem card to be read as a jump drive sleep.gif

deadparrot

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2005, 07:10:00 AM »

Wouldn't it be a better idea to turn a 360 card into a USB stick with an adapter and use a Big Endian FATX capable copy of Linux to transfer the saves?

deadparrot

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2005, 08:06:00 AM »

So long as you can run it from 3.3v it should be possible.  This may be of interest to you.

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2005, 06:47:00 PM »

this is just my guess, butthe 360 not loading xbox saves probably has nothing to do with getting them onto the HD, its probably the save itself is different, "signed" somehow to work on the 360, a regualr xbox save would probably just show as a corrupt or broken save on 360

OpticNurv

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2005, 01:38:00 AM »

has anyone tried circumventing the programming of the action replay program filesystem reader to Xtaf (fat-x big endian x360 filesystem) and then modifying the action replay port to read the x360 memcard?

Edit: like i previously stated, i'm no good with programming, so if anyone with good programming knowledge could modify the AR program for me, i'll check the save formats on the memcard i bought today & up them on my ftp server

quall

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2005, 05:19:00 PM »

No, but i doubt it will work without some kind of drivers and breaking MS's key. I am guessing that the chip in the memcard probably works as a bridge for viewing the storage device. The chip probably sends a key to the x360 that tells it "hey, i am a valid memcard", then the x360 sends a key to get the data. In a PC, you'd probably have to create a driver that would manipulate the security chip in order to get data.

MaTiAz

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2005, 05:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(quall @ Dec 28 2005, 02:26 AM) View Post

No, but i doubt it will work without some kind of drivers and breaking MS's key. I am guessing that the chip in the memcard probably works as a bridge for viewing the storage device. The chip probably sends a key to the x360 that tells it "hey, i am a valid memcard", then the x360 sends a key to get the data. In a PC, you'd probably have to create a driver that would manipulate the security chip in order to get data.

Maybe someone could dump the memory card access?

gazeddy

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2005, 07:38:00 AM »

Am I right in thinkning the 360 wont read a fatx usb stick