xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Windows Media Connect  (Read 237 times)

bin_jackson

• Archived User
Windows Media Connect
« on: December 18, 2005, 03:19:00 AM »

I've been looking for ways to get my videos on the Xbox360. Unfortuntaly, this feature is only for Windows MCE users. But! since MCE users also need to use Windows Media Connect to watch there videos, listen to music etc. there must be a way to "hack" this. Currently i'm looking for a way to let Windows Media Connect think its installed on a MCE machine.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

Did anyone else tried to mess arround a little with Windows Media Connect? If so, what are the results? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

ps, sorry for my bad English  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

MaTiAz

• Archived User
Windows Media Connect
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2005, 01:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(bin_jackson @ Dec 18 2005, 12:19 PM) View Post

I've been looking for ways to get my videos on the Xbox360. Unfortuntaly, this feature is only for Windows MCE users. But! since MCE users also need to use Windows Media Connect to watch there videos, listen to music etc. there must be a way to "hack" this. Currently i'm looking for a way to let Windows Media Connect think its installed on a MCE machine.  rolleyes.gif

Did anyone else tried to mess arround a little with Windows Media Connect? If so, what are the results? smile.gif
ps, sorry for my bad English  unsure.gif

Well, you could always try to find the code, which checks if it's running on a MCE, and NOP it so it automatically lets you watch videos smile.gif Where can WMC be downloaded? I'd like to check it out with IDA ;D

Ragarnok

• Archived User
Windows Media Connect
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2005, 03:26:00 PM »

Probably not doable since it should use the ressources from MCE to do it, anyway what you are trying to do is not hard and I can even do it for you pm me and I'll keep you informed

diablomastabarb

• Archived User
Windows Media Connect
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2005, 09:38:00 PM »

Just quit being so cheap and buy MCE!   jester.gif

bho76

• Archived User
Windows Media Connect
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005, 12:07:00 AM »

of course usenet servers are offering a good deal on media center!

Fardo123

• Archived User
Windows Media Connect
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2005, 03:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(bin_jackson @ Dec 18 2005, 11:19 AM) View Post

I've been looking for ways to get my videos on the Xbox360. Unfortuntaly, this feature is only for Windows MCE users. But! since MCE users also need to use Windows Media Connect to watch there videos, listen to music etc. there must be a way to "hack" this. Currently i'm looking for a way to let Windows Media Connect think its installed on a MCE machine.  rolleyes.gif

Did anyone else tried to mess arround a little with Windows Media Connect? If so, what are the results? smile.gif
ps, sorry for my bad English  unsure.gif

Media Center users don't use media connect to watch videos ...they use the media center to stream them

maddy2005

• Archived User
Windows Media Connect
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2005, 05:05:00 AM »

Well justbecause you have MCE that dosent solve the problems :S yuo cant play fileformats like divx and xvid you probberly know, but is there a way around this or ?

Sonicjam

• Archived User
Windows Media Connect
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2005, 07:06:00 AM »

well you can get an emulated MCE that will work

bin_jackson

• Archived User
Windows Media Connect
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2005, 10:48:00 AM »

Good news. I read some interview from www.360party.nl (dutch http://www.360party.nl/nieuws/item/19318/)

This piece of text:

Ook is Microsft bezig met de mogelijkheid om live video's te streamen van een gewone Windows PC. Normaal gezien moest deze functie al beschikbaar zijn vanaf de launch, maar om verschillende redenen was dit nog niet mogelijk.

English:

MS is busy with the option to stream live video from your normal Windows PC. Normaly this function would be available at launch, but because of sertain things it isnt possible yet.

Ragarnok

• Archived User
Windows Media Connect
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2005, 02:51:00 PM »

The latest vista beta holds some nice surprise, if anyone is keen on breaking their NDA they could tell alot (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (not functional yet tho)

Ragarnok

• Archived User
Windows Media Connect
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2005, 02:44:00 PM »

The latest vista beta holds some nice surprise, if anyone is keen on breaking their NDA they could tell alot smile.gif (not functional yet tho)