xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: An Idea And Questions  (Read 176 times)

Sonicjam

• Archived User
An Idea And Questions
« on: December 15, 2005, 09:05:00 PM »

ok i heard the with MCE can be modded on a pc ok so it will also appear on the xbox 360 right can there be a way to lets say stream a dash on the xbox 360 to allow FTP, or at least execute some X360 games, also i got some question can a emulated MCE can be modded too. are there emulators for mce that works on the X360

Monoxboogie

• Archived User
An Idea And Questions
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2005, 09:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(Sonicjam @ Dec 16 2005, 05:12 AM) View Post

ok i heard the with MCE can be modded on a pc ok so it will also appear on the xbox 360 right can there be a way to lets say stream a dash on the xbox 360 to allow FTP, or at least execute some X360 games, also i got some question can a emulated MCE can be modded too. are there emulators for mce that works on the X360

Been discussed.  From what I understand, the "stream" is more or less lke a terminal server session.  A pixmap is loaded into the 360, and it more or less takes the data and just paints it on the TV.  The actual processing is taking place on the MCE PC.

EVEN if this hadn't been posted before, all you have to do is attack the problem logically.  A 360 is a PPC.  MCE is x86.  The applications cannot be running "on" the PPC, the assembly between the two is different.  They're also of different endianness.  Even if the assembly wasn't the issue, the 360 kernel is assumed to be not nearly as robust as the NT kernel...more functionality leads to more risk for exploitation.  Therefore, if their assembly langauges were the same, the 360 kernel would not have the same API as the MCE PC, and as such, wouldn't be able to run nearly the number of applications.