xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Update Xbox 360 With Burned Cd-r  (Read 612 times)

PedrosPad

• Archived User
Update Xbox 360 With Burned Cd-r
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2006, 05:55:00 AM »

QUOTE(MikePT @ Mar 27 2006, 01:28 PM) View Post

1757 days to break a RSA 64-Bits and it's been almost 4 years since they start to break the RSA 72Bits key and they haven't finished it yet.

MS uses a RSA 2048 Bits

May be Sun's grid computing service could help wink.gif .  Ah! maybe not.   laugh.gif   tongue.gif

feflicker

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2006, 03:26:00 PM »

Talking about breaking encyrption and/or modifying xbe or xex files is a complete waste of time... We cannot do either of these. Hopefully one day we get around the security, and can run unsigned xex files, but even that is a pipe dream right now. Everyone got spoiled with the Xbox!

It doesn't matter how powerful your computer(s) is. Its RSA 2048. Mathematics determine that cracking this is so close to impossible the government, banks, etc. rely upon it. Advancements in computer technology do not change mathematical law  wink.gif

bigjimmy

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2006, 06:31:00 PM »

Talking about breaking encyrption and/or modifying xbe or xex files is a complete waste of time... We cannot do either of these. Hopefully one day we get around the security, and can run unsigned xex files, but even that is a pipe dream right now. Everyone got spoiled with the Xbox!

It doesn't matter how powerful your computer(s) is. Its RSA 2048. Mathematics determine that cracking this is so close to impossible the government, banks, etc. rely upon it. Advancements in computer technology do not change mathematical law wink.gif

Well said. Damnit people it IS NOT POSSIBLE to get the RSA anytime in the near future unless we actually get the key from M$. How many times does this have to be said!!??? This is getting rediculous.......

bigjimmy

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2006, 11:59:00 PM »

Breaking the RSA code is as possible as getting people to realise that it is impossible to break the RSA code.

Exactly. This thread should really be closed its getting a bit pointless.

da_shiznit

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2006, 11:21:00 AM »

i cant believe i just read this whole thing... waste of time.. mods PLZ lock this so others dont have to endure what i went through. tongue.gif

kezor

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2006, 11:48:00 AM »

da_shiznit i totally agree

Methadon

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2006, 07:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(Warp17 @ Dec 12 2005, 11:52 AM) View Post

If you don't want to update your xbox via XBOX LIVE you can go to
XBOX Update
and download a file that you burn to a CD-R it automaticaly runs and updates your 360.  I asume it copies the emulator to the HD.  But it obviously gets past security.  Why not decript and uncompile.  The file is just a default.xex the new default.xbe.  After the update it installes the emulator.  It is differnt from when it is updated from XBOX LIVE.  It has an all new loading screen when you play an original xbox game.  Also on some games the only way out is to eject the game.  The XBOX button on the controller dosen't let you get to the dashboard. Thier is already is xbox 360 game iso extraction tool why not make a program that fits on to a CD-R that looks like a legit XBOX-360 game.  Install own programs, or whole operating systems that support multipal processors of couse.  I was at Wal-Mart on day when the XBOX tech was thier.  The xbox 360 was causing problems with thier handheld scanners because of the wireless capabilities.  I stood around and watched what she did.  She incerted a normal CD-R labeled 360 update and the date it was made.  She incerted the disc, It automatical ran, she then rebooted the xbox because it didn't reboot by itself, "asuming it was supposed to because she waited like 3 minutes befor doing so."  She then incerted another CD-R some sort of test disc.  She just put it in then went to play game.  Some sort of menu screen came up then she eject the disc and told the Wal-Mart manager that it was fixed.    ph34r.gif

Think outside the XBOX !!!

That is a wonderful theory, and of course, it's been picked apart by all the posts preluding mine. I'd just like to add the comment that we *may* have a way come about that allows us to re-create a signed code that can be used over and over, or create/emulate new signed code, *if* someone who works in the right part of M$ risks their life to leak the info/tools.

The only way I see this working if there was a way to steal a signed code from a finished .xex file, and patch that exact same code on a user-created .xex file. Seeing as how I can't burn a backup of a 360 game and run it, however, leads me to believe that theory to be incorrect. I'm interested in if there's any other thoughts concerning this method, however.

Personally, I think the key to hacking the 360 is going to involve loading something to the hd and act like a virus that could cause a new exploit. In writing this, I just remembered the old joke of downloading a virus that forced you to update windows. Of course, it doesn't have to act like a virus(in fact, it'd be best if it didn't I would imagine). Perhaps the hacking will come via ftping into the 360 to re-write the bios or maybe even a firmware update exploit will be found.

Should be interesting no matter which direction the scene takes us.

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2006, 11:36:00 AM »

Seeing as how I can't burn a backup of a 360 game and run it, however, leads me to believe that theory to be incorrect. I'm interested in if there's any other thoughts concerning this method, however.

ripping and burnign a backup of a 360 games passes the first level of security, the signature, but fails the second, the media check, so copying an xbe does preserve the signature, the media check will still get you (which is what the firmware hacks do, report a fake media so the kernel will allow the xbe/xex to run)

Personally, I think the key to hacking the 360 is going to involve loading something to the hd and act like a virus that could cause a new exploit.

the problem with this, is that even a virus is software code, so the 360 wont run the unsigned virus

software exploits on the first xbox used unsigned files that were loaded into memory to cause a buffer overflow, MS has made damn sure this trick wont work twice and the 360 has alot of protection against buffer overflows

this topic has been beaten to death and then some
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]