xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: New Thought  (Read 179 times)

PCBUILDERCHRIS

• Archived User
New Thought
« on: December 11, 2005, 07:17:00 AM »

can the 360 read burn media if so we could make a swap magic type cd (dont hurt me i hate ps2 my neighbor uses this) and then when the game finna boot up we need to find the corrent time when it does its little check have a rigged up clone dvd drive ready well do some type of hotswap with a homemade switch without pulling the cable but will make the cables double up together (You know like tying two speakers to one amp channel)

but first we have to get a proper game extract with an evil program the reads on all sub channels and everything maybe even backwards

wait i hear 350 may have a ring block on it then well need a program that reads from the middle

i wish it had a secret agent device that could read the dvd's data cable during the process and spit out some numbers oh well only way i could see something close to this happening is if someone had a game disc that comes with an update or part 2 disc

lordvader129

• Archived User
New Thought
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 11:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(PCBUILDERCHRIS @ Dec 11 2005, 08:24 AM) View Post

can the 360 read burn media if so we could make a swap magic type cd (dont hurt me i hate ps2 my neighbor uses this) and then when the game finna boot up we need to find the corrent time when it does its little check have a rigged up clone dvd drive ready well do some type of hotswap with a homemade switch without pulling the cable but will make the cables double up together (You know like tying two speakers to one amp channel)

but first we have to get a proper game extract with an evil program the reads on all sub channels and everything maybe even backwards

wait i hear 350 may have a ring block on it then well need a program that reads from the middle

i wish it had a secret agent device that could read the dvd's data cable during the process and spit out some numbers oh well only way i could see something close to this happening is if someone had a game disc that comes with an update or part 2 disc

we cant make a swap magic (or any boot disc) for 360 for the same reason we couldnt ever make one for the xbox

all xbes (xexs) run on the system must be signed with MS's private key, and it will be a cold cold day in hell before they allow a swap magic xex to be signed

it actually has nothign to do with the system not reading burned media, the media checks are in the xexs themselves (they were in the xbes too) and the xbox would run a signed xbe without a media check off of burned media just fine (think xbox Live arcade)

and the 360 will run an xex off a burned disc if it doesnt have a media check (emulator updates)