xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Image Viewer  (Read 1104 times)

Dameon

• Archived User
Image Viewer
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2005, 05:58:00 PM »

One step at a time. Being able to execute code on a virgin box is inherently useful. Security has no doubt been stepped up, meaning it just takes a different approach once there.

PVNick

• Archived User
Image Viewer
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2005, 01:03:00 AM »

I agree with Dameon. Besides, if one could get unsigned code running on the 360, that would be the spark needed to get everyone to turn their attention to hacking.

BlueCELL

• Archived User
Image Viewer
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2005, 09:39:00 AM »

QUOTE(globe_guyx @ Nov 27 2005, 03:07 PM) View Post

The scariest thing I've read is that all calls reside solely inside the cpu itself.  The cpu apparently contains its own ram for this purpose. I'm doubtful of much  until somebody with access to some hefty equipment cracks open the chip. This is similar to the way ATA security (HDD locking) works. While not feasible for the common man, this can be hacked.
As for exploitation after that, this is MS people. Most likely a hilariously simple alteration to a presently common attack will work. Images do seem the logical approach though, so they probably spent 95% of their time securing that.  Luckily enough though I missed out on one of these early defective machines so its all pure speculation at this point.

Yeah, your right.  They wasted so much time/money to secure the curcits and shit and they left other "software" bugs open smile.gif

BlueCELL

BiMP

• Archived User
Image Viewer
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2005, 11:30:00 AM »

If the USB 2.0 ports are read-only, then why not trying to make an adapter to use the memory unit ports.  Aren't they based on USB structure?  I see five prongs on my memory card, it may be silimar to Xbox 1 where it would be 4 USB connections and a 'yellow wire' to identify what the product is.

Dameon

• Archived User
Image Viewer
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2005, 09:23:00 PM »

Traffic always must be bidirectional at some point for USB. Even if the device is stopped/disconnected after negotiation, a quick glance at the USB standard indicates that there is plenty of room for error at that critical stage.

Also, I noticed on the free60 wiki that one of the peripherals hooked up to a computer advertises a rather interesting interface, "Xbox Security Method 1, Version 1.00, © 2005 MS Corporation. All rights reserved".
http://www.free60.or...n#Linux_support
Could that be our culprit for peripheral authentication?

holydemon

• Archived User
Image Viewer
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2005, 09:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(johnstark @ Nov 21 2005, 10:20 AM) View Post

Cows aren't in the milk business you dumbass... cows make milk naturally, they know nothing about it.

MS makes software by choice. They study it, they master it (at least moreso than sony).

Your analogy just plain sucks

well that new compiler is lack of use...MS really has been letting go but we might be able to do that buffer overflow...it will be hard as hell though
Pages: 1 [2]