xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Error Loading Neogeo Bios Roms In Fba-x  (Read 85 times)

addyb

• Archived User
Error Loading Neogeo Bios Roms In Fba-x
« on: March 17, 2004, 01:19:00 PM »

Lo all im really having a problem with getting fbax to detect my neo geo bios, so ill try and give as much detail as i can.

I installed the Beta 4.1 ver from #xbins and the neobiosroms i got from "the usual places" and i FTP'd them to my E:\apps folder in avalaunch.
I created a roms folder (underneath the FBAX folder)  then FTP'D my neo geo roms over. I then decided to try out the app to make sure it could launch before i went any further. It did so and sure enough the list of games were present.
I decided to read one and sure enough it came up with errors telling me the bios roms it could not find.
I read the readme.txt that came with FBAX and here is a sample of what it says:

Notes on NeoGeo
===============

You should have the following bios files in your neogeo.zip. Otherwise
you may run into problems:

Filename   CRC32
------------   ----------
000-lo.lo    0xE09E253C
aes-bios    0xD27A71F1
asia-s3.rom    0x91B64BE3
neodebug.bin    0x698EBB7D
sfix.sfx    0x354029FC
sm1.sm1    0x97Cf998B
sp-s2.sp1    0x9036D879
uni-bios.12    0x4FA698E9
usa_2slt.bin    0x2723A5B5
vs-bios.rom    0xF0E8F27D

Decryption is a very complex process and may take up to 45 seconds to
complete with some roms. Please be patient.

I checked my collection of neogeo bios roms and found i had all the files listed above so i ftpd then extracted to my roms folder zipped.  Loaded up again and still the same msg in fbax saying that it cannot find the bios files i had just copied over?? So i decided to send them over unzipped and the same msg again? Ive pasted them all into my roms folder and all the games show up fine but it doesnt detect my neogeo bios roms?  In my config/ini file it says the path is D:\roms  altho its on my E:\ drive. I didnt think this would matter as the games are on the same drive and they are detected??

Can some confirm what this line means:

"Decryption is a very complex process and may take up to 45 seconds to
complete with some roms. Please be patient."

Do i have to do something to these bios files before they are ftp'd  **Decrypted**? how would i go about doing that if this is needed?

I got the fbax beta 4.1 along with the fbax neogeo rom pack from #xbins?

Ive totally run out of ideas and apologies for this very long post!

Darkseid83

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2004, 01:36:00 PM »

Put the neo-geo bios in the same folder as the roms should work like that

addyb

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2004, 01:41:00 PM »

Yeh i have done that.. i copied all the game roms into a created roms folder under fbax and they got detected. I did the same with the neogeo bios files and they do not detect. Can anyone confirm the correct set of roms i should have zipped up?

And why in the readme does it mention about decrypting them?

AgentofEvil

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2004, 02:20:00 PM »

I had this trouble too. Be sure to check the CRC32 of ALL the files in the neogeo.zip, and if any of them don't match, replace them with files that do (I ended up getting like 4 different neogeo.zips to create one that FBAx liked).

Even if the files are named the same, if they don't have the same CRC32, they won't work.

If you don't know how to check, get a copy of HashCalc (you can find it with google). Once you've installed it, it should be pretty self-explanitory.

Tanas

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2004, 02:48:00 PM »

Try checking that the neogeo bios roms arnt zipped in a folder, make sure that they are in the root of the zip.

This post has been edited by Tanas: Mar 17 2004, 10:49 PM

addyb

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2004, 09:57:00 PM »

yeh all the bios files are in the root of the zip.. i selected all the relevant files needed and then just "added to rar" with a right click. I double checked and still no luck!

lantus

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2004, 10:07:00 PM »

why are you trying to add anything to a rar?

addyb

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2004, 10:40:00 PM »

Well i just use Winrar as my default tool.. all the game files are in rar format and they are displayed in fbax fine.. ive never had a problem ever with the PC version of these emulators. even when i FTP'd over the name of the rar was neogeo.zip?

So if i zip these files up with winzip this will work?  Im confused cos all my games are RARRED and are fine.  why would this be the case?

Im really stuck mate and totally run out of ideas!

SxualVnilla

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2004, 11:45:00 PM »

I don't why, but for some reason it just does.  Also, I had kind of the same problem, but i was with with KOF99, and all I had to do was zip it in Winzip, and it worked like magic.

Prican24

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2004, 06:31:00 AM »

winrar has zip options so thats fine but plain and simple, fbax and just about every other emu for xbox read zips only

i had some other guy ask the same question and zip cured his problem :D