xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox 360 Slim Modchip?  (Read 196 times)

kfalken

• Archived User
Xbox 360 Slim Modchip?
« on: July 15, 2010, 07:19:00 AM »

Hello
I'm new in to the xbox world!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Someone know if there is a way to firmware update or modchip the new Xbox 360 Slim??

Regard

Fratinside

• Archived User
Xbox 360 Slim Modchip?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 10:53:00 AM »

I just bought a slim also and have been told that as of yet it's not moddable by flash or mod chip yet. Apparently it could take months or years if at all. Far as I have been told anyways. I'm pretty sure it will be cracked eventually. The old models are no longer in production and once they are gone, it will just be the slim. So I think someone is bound to crack it. I hope.

This post has been edited by Fratinside: Jul 15 2010, 06:27 PM

red_ring_of_box

• Archived User
Xbox 360 Slim Modchip?
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 11:21:00 AM »

there weren't any mod chips for the original xbox 360, so I'm guessing there arn't any out for the slim either.

Fratinside-read the rules piracy is not tolerated here, don't encourage it.

This post has been edited by red_ring_of_box: Jul 15 2010, 06:21 PM

Fratinside

• Archived User
Xbox 360 Slim Modchip?
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 11:26:00 AM »

Sorry. I'll go back and edit my post.

kfalken

• Archived User
Xbox 360 Slim Modchip?
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 01:45:00 PM »

OK
Really I want the new xbox because of the wireless lan, the smaller and more silent box, but if its not possible to chip it I will wait to buy :-)
Thanks anyway  biggrin.gif

ddxcb

• Archived User
Xbox 360 Slim Modchip?
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 04:07:00 PM »

there is and are modchips for the xbox 360 dvd roms, and BTW slims cannot have moddifyied firmware or be ban from xbox live instatly, as there is a check on the new systems.

red_ring_of_box

• Archived User
Xbox 360 Slim Modchip?
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 11:23:00 AM »

meh ya your right ddxcb there are modchips for dvd drives but they don't do anything that a firmware flash cant do(besides disable network, and the power light) and still ultimately end up getting your console banned from live.

I'm still wrong about modchips though because I think that the Infectus Chip has some useful features besides firmware modding, but again your still going to be banned so you might as well just flash the firmware.

This post has been edited by red_ring_of_box: Jul 16 2010, 06:24 PM

DrSBKhan

• Archived User
Xbox 360 Slim Modchip?
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2010, 08:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(kfalken @ Jul 15 2010, 02:19 PM) *

Hello
I'm new in to the xbox world!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Someone know if there is a way to firmware update or modchip the new Xbox 360 Slim??

Regard

There are several sites when googling saying that they have chipmod/firmware update available for xbox360 slim, can anyone confirm this is true? im sure there will be modifications soon for this box also, its just a matter of time.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

thwack

• Archived User
Xbox 360 Slim Modchip?
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2010, 09:02:00 AM »

They're scamming - there's no mod for the 360 S as of yet.

arifman

• Archived User
Xbox 360 Slim Modchip?
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2010, 06:03:00 AM »

WAIT......i dunt know if this is true. someone told me that if your old xbox 360 is modded then u can just replace that dvd drive with the xbox slim and then its hacked..is that true. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Jimbobjoeyman

• Archived User
Xbox 360 Slim Modchip?
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2010, 12:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(arifman @ Aug 30 2010, 01:03 PM) View Post

WAIT......i dunt know if this is true. someone told me that if your old xbox 360 is modded then u can just replace that dvd drive with the xbox slim and then its hacked..is that true. tongue.gif

its not that easy the dvd drives are locked to the consoles you must be thinking about the wii

Ranger72

• Archived User
Xbox 360 Slim Modchip?
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2010, 04:53:00 PM »

Wow it seems the global collective intelligence has dropped a few points in the thread.

breathofice

• Archived User
Xbox 360 Slim Modchip?
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2010, 09:19:00 PM »

I second what ranger says. Im not a expert on all the technical jargon but this is ridiculous.

Obviously your xbox S needs a Flux Capacitor to play backups

Syn201

• Archived User
Xbox 360 Slim Modchip?
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2010, 04:17:00 AM »

QUOTE(arifman @ Aug 30 2010, 01:03 PM) View Post

WAIT......i dunt know if this is true. someone told me that if your old xbox 360 is modded then u can just replace that dvd drive with the xbox slim and then its hacked..is that true. tongue.gif

yeah that would work in fantasy land you cant just willy nilly stick and random dvd into a 360
they have to be at the very least flashed with your console data to some form of custom fw
the guy who told you this info is wrong it is probably the same sort of person who told my friend
he had fifa 11 3 weeks ago  

and even if they could wack another dvd drive in it i doubt they know how to dump yet
iv not been to this site for like 3 weeks so dumping by joe user may be possible but still you would need a fw which isent out to us yet)..

Haze666

• Archived User
Xbox 360 Slim Modchip?
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2010, 09:51:00 AM »

If you guys are looking to modify your slim consoles, i would wait about 3 months before updating to the new dash, or just update and buy a console if NXE becomes exploitable, such as Pre-NXE did after the nxe update.
I'm not flashing my elite for hopes that it will be exploitable, chances are slim, i know. but i don't have anything else to loose, i have 3 xbox360's and one already has the kinect dash, and it's pretty nice if i do say so myself.