xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Cygnos And Xbreboot  (Read 114 times)

niai

• Archived User
Cygnos And Xbreboot
« on: January 03, 2010, 07:31:00 AM »

yes treat it like the cygnos is not there and follow a xbr tut

a side note i think that cygnos turns off the jtag if you use the onboard nand so you will need to wire up the jtag

Definitely Wapner

• Archived User
Cygnos And Xbreboot
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 02:23:00 PM »

If you don't upgrade your firmware on Cygnos to 1.3 and leave it at 1.2, you won't have a problem flashing XBR to the Cygnos NAND and leave your Xbox 360's NAND alone. I left my Xbox 360 NAND at 7357 and flashed my modified XBR NAND 8955 (falcon) to the Cygnos and it works flawlessly!! Just install the Cygnos V2 using the full installation, including the 330 Ohm resistors on the Jtag port.

DaBuisneZ

• Archived User
Cygnos And Xbreboot
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 07:45:00 AM »

Much easier way my friend. Freeboot FTW

Jus follow very easy steps and wammo no changes needed. i give it a A+ pop.gif

Definitely Wapner

• Archived User
Cygnos And Xbreboot
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 07:48:00 AM »

I'm just saying there's no need to upgrade to 1.3 is all. Mine is at 1.2 and I installed XBR on a Falcon without issue. For my sake I just don't flash to the X360 NAND cuz I don't wanna F that up. I don't boot into my regular Xbox dash much anyway, so it will always stay at 7357. I just leave it untouched in case I have a hardware failure on my PC and lose my data. The Cygnos NAND makes a great second NAND for a dual boot solution.

Definitely Wapner

• Archived User
Cygnos And Xbreboot
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 02:08:00 PM »

Use toolbox 1.05

juggahax0r

• Archived User
Cygnos And Xbreboot
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 04:32:00 PM »

I would like a solid answer on this before i purchase the chip. I have a RRod Box which i am getting fixed , it is a xenon and im sure it is exploitable , havent read the NAND yet but it has been sitting in a closet broken since before the newest update came out. My question is with the Cygnos v2 , since i have an exploitable version , does this give you a true Dual NAND , can you switch it off and have the un patched 8955 kernel onboard to play on live? of course i realize that would be dependent on first getting a backup of my NAND  with the exploitable kernel on board to patch the 8955 for the cygnos and homebrew. Or does breaking of an Efuse after the update make it not load an older dash ,  either way i will probably still do the mod because of freeboot being more stable.

juggahax0r

• Archived User
Cygnos And Xbreboot
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 11:29:00 PM »

HAHA i have been without a f*ckin 360 man , i got the LPT cable wired up and the Jtag wires , i just need a damn 203w PSU to do anything else with it but i have someone bringing one too me hopefully tomorrow. I would agree from what i am reading. Now if their is a way too put just Xell alone on the Cygnos , And XBR on the NAND , i might get one , i want to run linux and would love a way to easily switch between Games and Linux , i guess pressing the X button on a wired controller or in my case the window key on a keyboard plugged into the back is not that hard. The only way they will be able to keep selling those is if a new hack comes out that makes Live possible. That was kind of the point of the original xbox modchips , and if you had a 1mb TSOP you could just wire a switch too change BIOS. But thanks for the answer , hopefully tomorrow i can report back with some success , most of it is riding on the hybrid x-clamp fix working , i have my fingers crossed if not some guy says he can reflow it for 40 bucks with a 90 day warranty and if he can't fix it i don't have to pay so why the hell not give it a shot , i can't lose if i don't have to pay unless he fixes it. This bastard is a 10-21-2005 MFG date fuckin crazy , someone waited outside somewhere to get this now its just someones guinea pig. Oh one more question , is the CB something that ships with the machine , or does it get updated also with certain updates? If not then i can be 100% sure this is exploitable , has not been online since before the last update.

juggahax0r

• Archived User
Cygnos And Xbreboot
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2010, 09:55:00 PM »

Ok i got it all up an runnin now , everything went fine with putting xbr on it. It had the 1888 CB , i had bad block errors however it was the same every time and i didn't bother remapping them as i read this was probably just how my NAND was , and as i said everything went fine. However i am still having troubles with getting my DVD drive to show up in JF to flash it. And Xell is acting funny and will not load Gentoo i may need the hacked firmware i don't know. Is their a specific Ip address i can block too block just xbox live or would that also block me from getting to my hotmail account , i don't want any chance of getting banned.