xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Looking To Kernel Downgrade From 8955 To Be Able To Jtag..  (Read 558 times)

jumojn

• Archived User
Looking To Kernel Downgrade From 8955 To Be Able To Jtag..
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2009, 07:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(robsonnbi @ Dec 23 2009, 12:28 AM) *

Those interested in eFuse's should read this:

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/20070099326.pdf

And what should i look at there? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

QUOTE(crash_2012 @ Dec 23 2009, 07:00 AM) *

i sorta understand what arielzadi is trying to say with that wikipedia page.  the last line says: "This process does not physically destroy the eFUSE, so it is reversible and repeatable, using JTAG Programming."

technically, yes, but that page also says in many systems that use eFuses, meaning not all are reversible.  you dont think m$ would include the jtag points on their motherboard to reset the eFuses.

You never know whit ms. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) but if some hex edit would be possible to modify the nand on a banned xbox to get it to xell.. some where they just have left a hole.

No_Name

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2009, 05:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(jumojn @ Dec 23 2009, 06:42 AM) View Post

You never know whit ms. tongue.gif but if some hex edit would be possible to modify the nand on a banned xbox to get it to xell.. some where they just have left a hole.

What the f*** are you talking about?
You cant just hex edit a kernal for Xell banned or not.

jumojn

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2009, 07:52:00 AM »

^
.... How do you think evrythings get's shape???.... But if hex if you could enable to get xell work ... ..

Juvenal1228

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2009, 01:24:00 AM »

haha this thread just about made me piss my pants... best Christmas present by far tongue.gif

jumojn, you are by far one of the dumbest, uneducated people i have seen on these forums who "knows what they are talking about"

hex editing as great and all, and it will uncripple a banned 360 but you fail to understand that everything important on the nand is SIGNED, as in encrypted, by a big long key, known as the CPU key, which for some reason is stored in the CPU's bank of efuses, which can only be read out with Xell.  and cannot, by any m,eans other than decapping the CPU be accessed physically. if you want to, be my guest and go decap that mofo with your cheap ass radioshack soldering iron and get back to us on how that works out tongue.gif

and please refrain from knowitallism until you can actually form a statement about what you are talking about that doesnt sound like you pulled it directly out of your a$$

jumojn

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2009, 01:57:00 AM »

^
kk.... but i think softmod will be able some day... -.-

RRODXbox

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2009, 05:59:00 PM »

As I said in another thread.. a new exploit is Highly unlikely because the JTag hack is based on an old and the only exploit since late 2006. MS isnt about to make the same mistake again.

MS protects their baby just like you would protect a child of your own  wink.gif

rastaman108037

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2009, 04:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(Juvenal1228 @ Dec 26 2009, 03:24 AM) View Post

..other than decapping the CPU be accessed physically.

Hmm I'm curious, has anyone ever attempted this? I've got a dead (I mean dead, beyond repair) 360 that I could take the hammer to if anyone wants pictures for "research" tongue.gif

Majes

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2009, 08:13:00 PM »

you all only shut the other's mouths, with no education, with no teamwork... we are not going anywhere this way.

I've been waiting since the update for a new hack, and I only see in these forums people doing nothing but slowing the scene.

We should work together, we should try random things on our consoles just to make it unstable, to comment how to get that unstability, and to try to gain control of the console. If we all do this, maybe we can get somewhere.

Please, stop saying "no, stfu noob" to people that only wants to have a hack in their powerful but limited console, and start saying useful things, like the previous #19 by loto bak.

I'm gonna try everything just only to hang or make unstable the console. I suggest you all to help, just to get what we want in less time.

I really don't know anything about hacking, but if someone knows possible ways to find an exploit...please comment

PD: Is everything signed in the HDD? I mean, even the game logos? Maybe some modded picture, or modded text can exploit the console...

This post has been edited by Majes: Dec 30 2009, 04:16 AM

No_Name

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2009, 09:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(Majes @ Dec 29 2009, 07:13 PM) View Post

We should work together, we should try random things on our consoles just to make it unstable, to comment how to get that unstability, and to try to gain control of the console. If we all do this, maybe we can get somewhere.

One word.

HYPERVISON

Doing that is pointless

Downcastnut

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2009, 02:40:00 AM »

QUOTE(Majes @ Dec 30 2009, 04:13 AM) *

you all only shut the other's mouths, with no education, with no teamwork... we are not going anywhere this way.

I don't know much about this stuff but whenever I get into a forum I sorta read stuff thats already there. Like I read ALL of it. Even stuff that would seem boring to read but I do it anyway so that I dont come up with some kind of idea that will lead NOWHERE.

I mean everything starts with a little research.
I dont think we are getting anywhere telling people that you cant downgrade/jtag a console with a kernel of 8XXX over, and over, and over, and over again.

If somebody has a GOOD idea than shoot, post a thread, but not on something that has been answered 11 topics down from this one that SHOULD of already been read

spook727

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2010, 02:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(No_Name @ Dec 30 2009, 05:47 AM) View Post

One word.

HYPERVISON

Doing that is pointless

You mean Hypervisor?  I actually brought up the same point previously and got shot down with the same response.  Yet, the JTAG hack takes advantage of a bug in the Hypervisor...

craz3d

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2010, 07:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(rastaman108037 @ Dec 28 2009, 06:19 AM) View Post

Hmm I'm curious, has anyone ever attempted this? I've got a dead (I mean dead, beyond repair) 360 that I could take the hammer to if anyone wants pictures for "research" tongue.gif
I'd be interested.  But only if you have a scanning electron microscope
QUOTE(Downcastnut @ Dec 30 2009, 04:40 AM) View Post

I don't know much about this stuff but whenever I get into a forum I sorta read stuff thats already there. Like I read ALL of it. Even stuff that would seem boring to read but I do it anyway so that I dont come up with some kind of idea that will lead NOWHERE.

I mean everything starts with a little research.
I dont think we are getting anywhere telling people that you cant downgrade/jtag a console with a kernel of 8XXX over, and over, and over, and over again.

If somebody has a GOOD idea than shoot, post a thread, but not on something that has been answered 11 topics down from this one that SHOULD of already been read
Here's the recipe for devloping a new exploit:
1. Read a bunch of forum posts.  Now you are a computer engineer.
2. Speculate
3. ????
4. Profit!!!!

Oh wait, nevermind, I'm full of shit.  Downcast, I do honestly respect your thirst for knowledge, and it is commendable that you are dedicated to learning new things.

Sorry to burst your bubble, folks, but the people that develop the hardware in the XBOX 360 are extremely knowledgeable and technical people.  They have Computer Engineering and Computer Science degrees; likely, most of them have completed graduate school.  These people work on the cutting edge of technology.  They aren't bested by a bunch of dolts that lurk on message boards, talking in purely speculative terms.

The people behind the SMC hack are most likely equally qualified individuals.  I'd be very surprised if any of them were completely self-taught.  If I had to bet, they're a combination of EE, CE, or CS students, graduates, or working in the field.  They have sophisticated knowledge about the internal components used in the 360.  They have advanced technology at their disposal and know how to use it.  They studied the architecture of the 360 and learned as much as they could, reverse engineering new components as they found them.  They did lots of experimentation and I'm sure they failed... A LOT.

I'm not trying to discredit the community, but there are those on these boards that have a clue about how the hack works and then there are those that have just enough technical knowledge to think they do.  It can be extremely hard for the uninitiated or the uneducated (not in the broad scope, but in the CS/CE field) to tell these people apart.

What it boils down to is that if you're just poing through some NAND dumps in a hex editor, you're are highly unlikely to make any useful contribution to the development of a new exploit or hack.  The only thing speculative topics accomplish is pumping more mis-information into the minds of the masses who will believe anything they read. Of course this information will clunk through the rusty gears of these people's minds and exit through their fingertips in a later post down the line.  Then this cycle repeats until this speculation is mutated into 'fact.'

The moral of the story is to know what you don't know.  Either put down the mice and start studying to get into an engineering school or leave the heavy lifting to those who are capable.

ashtonx

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2010, 05:57:00 AM »

http://www.infectus.biz/index.php - say it can downgrade, so is it possible to use it for homebrew ?

niai

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2010, 07:55:00 PM »

@ashtonx downgrade from a pre 8xxx dassh to a 4xxx dash to run king kong exploit

dufc1983

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2010, 01:01:00 PM »

ashton in the time you've sat posting messages you could of gone out and got yourself a jtag exploitable console,u can not downgrade!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4