xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Globe 360 And Infectus2  (Read 98 times)

armyof1ne

• Archived User
Globe 360 And Infectus2
« on: January 05, 2009, 10:02:00 PM »

Well, I have been searching around for some time now, For all those that had a problem trying to fix there Xbox 360's without the original drive-key from there original dvd drive, I read that the GLOBE 360 can actually bypass the drive key entirely, (Forgive me mods if this is the wrong area, modchip development seemed the best place to go) And if you dont have an original drive-key and a working drive that you can actually get the correct drive key from the motherboard via the infectus modchip. I am no retard, but i am curious at how these function.  

I have 5 xbox 360's that have been given to me with this problem, i have been trying to fix them but not entirely sure if it a good plan to go with a globe 360 to bypass the drivekey to play xbox games so its no longer just a fancy dvd player, or if i need to hook up an infectus2 to extract the key from my motherboard to put into the new drives.    Those that have used either of these i would love to hear from to see if it actually worked.  My friends want to produce a similar product, but a far more advanced one, if we can base our information on known working parameters were can build a new chip(giving royalties and credit to original designer of course).  Please post here

Furiuzz

• Archived User
Globe 360 And Infectus2
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 09:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(armyof1ne @ Jan 6 2009, 06:02 AM) View Post

Well, I have been searching around for some time now, For all those that had a problem trying to fix there Xbox 360's without the original drive-key from there original dvd drive, I read that the GLOBE 360 can actually bypass the drive key entirely, (Forgive me mods if this is the wrong area, modchip development seemed the best place to go) And if you dont have an original drive-key and a working drive that you can actually get the correct drive key from the motherboard via the infectus modchip. I am no retard, but i am curious at how these function.  

I have 5 xbox 360's that have been given to me with this problem, i have been trying to fix them but not entirely sure if it a good plan to go with a globe 360 to bypass the drivekey to play xbox games so its no longer just a fancy dvd player, or if i need to hook up an infectus2 to extract the key from my motherboard to put into the new drives.    Those that have used either of these i would love to hear from to see if it actually worked.  My friends want to produce a similar product, but a far more advanced one, if we can base our information on known working parameters were can build a new chip(giving royalties and credit to original designer of course).  Please post here

I think its a perfect plan, when you can use the drive by using globe 360 you can use the Infectus2 to see the cpu key. And the cpu key you can use to encrypt the dvdkey and flash it to your motherboard and use that key to change the firmware of your driver. I think it would be a possible way, or am i wrong?

mr2000jp

• Archived User
Globe 360 And Infectus2
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 07:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(Furiuzz @ Jan 7 2009, 09:13 PM) View Post

I think its a perfect plan, when you can use the drive by using globe 360 you can use the Infectus2 to see the cpu key. And the cpu key you can use to encrypt the dvdkey and flash it to your motherboard and use that key to change the firmware of your driver. I think it would be a possible way, or am i wrong?

you reversed it ,you need to use the infectus to extract the key ,then flash that key to the drive , or any modchip you want to install , this way it will work ,
all modchips in the market works in one of two methods , it patches the firmware on the fly , around the ke of the drive , or you need to extract the key from the drive to flash it on the chip , so either way you need the original correct key on your drive , if you dont have it , there is no way you can run games ,

armyof1ne

• Archived User
Globe 360 And Infectus2
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 09:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(mr2000jp @ Jan 25 2009, 07:57 PM) View Post

you reversed it ,you need to use the infectus to extract the key ,then flash that key to the drive , or any modchip you want to install , this way it will work ,
all modchips in the market works in one of two methods , it patches the firmware on the fly , around the ke of the drive , or you need to extract the key from the drive to flash it on the chip , so either way you need the original correct key on your drive , if you dont have it , there is no way you can run games ,

So even if i dont have the original drive key, knowing that the motherboard has the original drive key, I cant just use the one of the motherboard. Thats what the infectus does, it can access the motherboard to get the DVD key. It should work that way. i am still waiting for my infectus to come in to do some testing

Kushan

• Archived User
Globe 360 And Infectus2
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 01:45:00 AM »

Ok, I am absolutely no expert here, but I think your plan is somewhat sound with one possible problem.

We all know that all content in the 360 is "digitally signed", correct? The reason that we can't change any of this content is because it's signature gets broken. Well, consider this for the moment.

The way that system works is the content is signed using a "private key". That private key is owned by Microsoft and nobody knows what it is, but it generates a specific signature based on the bytes within the file, a signature that cannot be easily reversed (if at all). We could brute force this key, but it's like 1024bit (in other words, there's an ungodly number of possibilities that would take a long, long time to brute force). then, your 360 uses a "Public key" to check that the signature is correct. The public key looks nothing like the private key, but it will used to check that the signature came from the private key microsoft has.

Ok, so what has this got to do with the drive key? Well, that depends on how the drive system works - does the 360 send a command to the drive that says "Hey, what's your key?", then check to see if it responds with the same one it's CPU has? I very much doubt it, if it were that simple, Team Jungle would have found the command for it and been able to dump keys via SATA.

Rather, I believe the key is used to "sign" the content as it reads off the disk, the 360 then uses a different key to verify it - exactly like the public/private keys being used on the content by Microsoft. In other words, your drive key is the "private key" and the 360's CPU contains the "Public key" to match it, so even if you were able to dump the entire firmware from the 360, the key used with the drive would be completely useless to you.

Now as I said, I am no expert, but this makes complete sense to me and if I am correct, I'm afraid your plan would not work.