xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Why Can I Not Make A Nme2 Backup  (Read 127 times)

captianmo81

• Archived User
Why Can I Not Make A Nme2 Backup
« on: March 11, 2008, 01:04:00 AM »

I have tried every method that I have found and still no luck.  The last trail was with XBC, merged the SS with the iso and burnt it but then got this error:

Sense Error: 5 / 21 / 02
INVALID ADDRESS FOR WRITE
CDB: WRITE(10)
0x2A 00 00 04 34 00 00 00 10 00
   Cancelled at LBA: 0x00043400 (275456)
   Syncing Cache
   Closing Track
   Finalizing Disk
Action: Close Disk
Sense Error: 5 / 72 / 04
EMPTY OR PARTIALLY WRITTEN RESERVED TRACK
CDB: CLOSE TRACK/SESSION
0x5B 01 05 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
   Finalize Disk Failed
Getting media info [D]
   Media Type: Not Present
   Write failed

What the hell am I doing wrong?  I am getting so frustrated that I just wanna break the freakin chip in half.  Please help if you can.

Heliopolis

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 08:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(captianmo81 @ Mar 11 2008, 05:04 PM) View Post

I have tried every method that I have found and still no luck.  The last trail was with XBC, merged the SS with the iso and burnt it but then got this error...

If you have followed similar instructions to this link http://forums.xbox-s...p?sho...&st=0 then it sounds like you have a faulty burner.

letsmod

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 11:23:00 AM »

what would the chip have to do with your backup creation??

all you have to do is dump the title in XBC and follow my guide

are you using a Kreon ready drive?? and using Kreon 1.0 ??

captianmo81

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 01:43:00 PM »

I am using wxripper hot swap method to backup my games but I also have some that my friend brought over for me to try that are xtreme iso.  I have tried to make both ways work but no luck.  I have a memorex burner and I just got a samsung SH-S202 today but I have not burnt a game with it yet.  Does it even matter what kind of burner I use since I am just burning iso images?

captianmo81

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 11:16:00 PM »

Ok, I have just ordered a Sumsung DVD drive with Kreon firmware already flashed on it, and I have also ordered a Pioneer 112d burner.  Once I get these drives, correct me if I am wrong, I will be able to backup my games with XBC using the Samsung drive, then burn the ISO using the Pioneer drive and ImageBurn with Verbatim DVD+R DL discs and have a properly burnt and working backup of my game, for use with NME2 modchip, without having to do any of the SS.bin mergers or anything else, right?

captianmo81

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 08:30:00 PM »

Please someone answer my last question.  I am at my ropes end with this and that is my last hope.

Heliopolis

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 04:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(captianmo81 @ Mar 12 2008, 03:16 PM) View Post

Ok, I have just ordered a Sumsung DVD drive with Kreon firmware already flashed on it, and I have also ordered a Pioneer 112d burner.  Once I get these drives, correct me if I am wrong, I will be able to backup my games with XBC using the Samsung drive, then burn the ISO using the Pioneer drive and ImageBurn with Verbatim DVD+R DL discs and have a properly burnt and working backup of my game, for use with NME2 modchip, without having to do any of the SS.bin mergers or anything else, right?

You have to re-insert the ss.bin for backups to work on the NME2.

Follow the link to my guide a few posts back. It will take you through all you need to do.

captianmo81

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2008, 06:44:00 AM »

The directions you posted are revolved around having a Samsung DVD-ROM drive flashed with Kreon firmware and a Pioneer 111D or 112D burner, right?  I have followed your guide before, but I did not have either one of those drives.  I used ISO's that I got using the wxripper(hotswap, that was the correct size) and my memorex burner, I also tried it with another DVD-DL burner and still no luck, so I am hoping that your guide is meant to be used with a Samsung DVD-ROM flashed with Kreon firmware and a Pioneer 112D durner because I just ordered those the other day.

Technitian3

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2008, 07:33:00 PM »

Are you using Nme associator on your images?

captianmo81

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2008, 09:16:00 PM »

Yes I have but still no luck.  When people say I have to extract the SS.bin and put it back in what is that doing if the SS.bin was already there and I am just putting it back in?

Heliopolis

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2008, 08:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(captianmo81 @ Mar 13 2008, 10:44 PM) View Post

The directions you posted are revolved around having a Samsung DVD-ROM drive flashed with Kreon firmware and a Pioneer 111D or 112D burner, right?  I have followed your guide before, but I did not have either one of those drives.  I used ISO's that I got using the wxripper(hotswap, that was the correct size) and my memorex burner, I also tried it with another DVD-DL burner and still no luck, so I am hoping that your guide is meant to be used with a Samsung DVD-ROM flashed with Kreon firmware and a Pioneer 112D durner because I just ordered those the other day.

I do have a Samsung SH-D162C kreon 1.00 drive, but I use the DVD burner that I already had. A Lite-On LH-18A1P. From my experience the discs you use are more critical than the burner. I have been using Verbatim DL+R discs with great results.

QUOTE(captianmo81 @ Mar 14 2008, 01:16 PM) View Post

Yes I have but still no luck.  When people say I have to extract the SS.bin and put it back in what is that doing if the SS.bin was already there and I am just putting it back in?

You are re-inserting the ss.bin at a new location for use with the NME2.

Also, I suggest you use SS Merger over NME associator as it has an inbuilt function to confirm the MD5 of the required ss.bin. Many times you will extract a ss.bin file that is corrupt. When using associator you don't know whether the ss.bin is good or not.

captianmo81

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2008, 10:00:00 AM »

Does it automatically insert it in the new location or do I have to specifiy the location?  Also, I do use verbatim DVD+R DL disc.

letsmod

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2008, 09:31:00 AM »

follow my guide, I have every title working on NME 1 and NME 2

if you have a hitachi drive in your console, it still has issues with Pioneer Burners!!

My Guide

captianmo81

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2008, 12:07:00 AM »

Ok, so I finally got all of my drives I ordered and I am in the process of ripping one of my games right now.  Here is my question though, I tried using XBC but for some reason the Start button on the Read tab was not acessible, so I am using Schtrom360Xtract to rip the game and I am wanting to know if it is any different than using XBC and if so what will I have to do differently once it is done ripping?  I do not know why I couldn't use XBC, it even listed my drive saying that it had Kreon v1.00 firmware on it so I really don't get it, but hopefully its not a big deal since Schtrom360Xtract is working.  I know, from glancing at it, that Schtrom360Xtract doesn't have all the features that XBC does so I am figuring that I will just finish the process with XBC and hope for the best.

Heliopolis

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2008, 02:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(captianmo81 @ Mar 15 2008, 02:00 AM) View Post

Does it automatically insert it in the new location or do I have to specifiy the location?  Also, I do use verbatim DVD+R DL disc.

The software will take care of it once you select XBox 360.

QUOTE(captianmo81 @ Mar 18 2008, 04:07 PM) View Post

... I know, from glancing at it, that Schtrom360Xtract doesn't have all the features that XBC does so I am figuring that I will just finish the process with XBC and hope for the best.

I would suggest you use XBC to extract and re-insert the ss.bin. Weird that it wouldn't recognise the drive.
Pages: [1] 2