xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Nme V2.0 + Banned?  (Read 86 times)

Awakener

• Archived User
Nme V2.0 + Banned?
« on: February 11, 2008, 08:34:00 AM »

Hi, I have a question regarding the NME v2.0 chip. If you have a patched & stealth backup (made for Ixtreme v1.4)  and you use it with Live then you don't get banned if you use Ixtreme 1.4 modified firmware. Is this also true if you use a patched & stealth backup (made for Ixtreme 1.4) with the NME v2.0 chip after you have converted it with aSSociat0r?

Awakener

• Archived User
Nme V2.0 + Banned?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 06:22:00 AM »

Nobody has a answer on this?

olas

• Archived User
Nme V2.0 + Banned?
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 06:32:00 AM »

hey, how can you say that you wont get banned useing the ixtreme firmware, but your worried about a nme chip, which doesnt affect firmware at all. which to me and everyone i've talked to, seems like it would be alot safer with xbox live. coul dbe wrong but i think it will work the same.

Awakener

• Archived User
Nme V2.0 + Banned?
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 07:29:00 AM »

QUOTE(olas @ Feb 13 2008, 02:32 PM) *

hey, how can you say that you wont get banned useing the ixtreme firmware, but your worried about a nme chip, which doesnt affect firmware at all. which to me and everyone i've talked to, seems like it would be alot safer with xbox live. coul dbe wrong but i think it will work the same.

We aren't sure we don't get banned in the future, but at this moment you can play with the Ixtreme on Live without getting banned. Is this also true for the NME chip? So if you play with the NME chip with a stealth backup you don't get banned at this moment? Or you will because this is a hardware modification and not a software modification?

tester123

• Archived User
Nme V2.0 + Banned?
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 02:56:00 PM »

I've been playing with my Globe 360 chip for a year now with no problems. But I always disconnect my lan cable when playing back ups, and use original games only when playing live. I've been playing Halo multi for months now without a problem. I've done multiple updates without a problem as well. I think people who are getting banned, are those playing back ups on line, or playing back ups while their unknowingly signed into Xbox live.

22justin

• Archived User
Nme V2.0 + Banned?
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 04:27:00 PM »

can anyone confirm that they can successfully play backups on live with any modchip??? icurrently have the nme1.0 and I would love to know if this is possible. the nme2.0 website says that it can...can anyone give me a straight answer on this

riffman2525

• Archived User
Nme V2.0 + Banned?
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2008, 12:55:00 AM »

QUOTE(tester123 @ Feb 13 2008, 03:56 PM) *

I've been playing with my Globe 360 chip for a year now with no problems. But I always disconnect my lan cable when playing back ups, and use original games only when playing live. I've been playing Halo multi for months now without a problem. I've done multiple updates without a problem as well. I think people who are getting banned, are those playing back ups on line, or playing back ups while their unknowingly signed into Xbox live.

Listen to this guy. He nailed it right on the head. If you dont play online with your backups you will be fine with the NME....Just never, never get online with a backup. Sure you CAN play online with a backup....but you will eventually get banned....no if ands or buts.......you may not get banned within a week, but eventually you will get banned. Many people in the past have already gotten banned because of this, when they thought they were "safe".

This post has been edited by riffman2525: Mar 4 2008, 08:58 AM