xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Nme?benq  (Read 46 times)

modelo

• Archived User
Nme?benq
« on: January 04, 2008, 09:36:00 PM »

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)I just got my NME V2.0,so i open my X360 and started modding my BENQ. I was able to locate points
A,I,5V and G, but  NOOOOO luck finding the ""Q"" contact point on my BENQ board.DOES anyone know exactly where on the drive is this contact located. I fallowed the installation pictures on their site and still i cant find it .THANKS

dregorax

• Archived User
Nme?benq
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 12:11:00 AM »

Start at the front of the xbox where the power button is.  Then go left, and down.

It is below that big silver square.

But could you do me a favor, my installation isn't working.  I am getting an e65 error with the chip installed.

When you finish yours, if it works, can you take a look at these pics and tell me if yours looks the same as mine?

I would really appreciate it.

http://www.pbase.com/tester111121/new_gallery

Thanks

kckcjl94

• Archived User
Nme?benq
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 02:41:00 AM »

i looked at your pics and you do have it wired correctly, but i will say that your A and I points on 360 look horribly dirty and messed up with whatever u put on them. could be a bad socket in the solder or anything.  i would recommend jasco paint remover. if i were you, i would get a new xbox and switch it out and start all over, the newer ones hav ethe new chipset too btw.

dregorax

• Archived User
Nme?benq
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 09:19:00 AM »

I just bought this a couple days ago, this has a falcon (I think)

That dirty stuff is burnt white goo that was covering the points

dkg354boy2

• Archived User
Nme?benq
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008, 01:59:00 AM »

I am assuming that you have found the answer by now, sorry for not seeing this earlier. I will post my response anyway in case others run into this post with the same question.

The Q lead is on the back of the front lanel board. You have to remove the front panel using a T8 torque head driver (3 screws) and the Q lead is found there. The pictures available on the web should show the specifics once you are this far...

QUOTE(modelo @ Jan 4 2008, 11:36 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)I just got my NME V2.0,so i open my X360 and started modding my BENQ. I was able to locate points
A,I,5V and G, but  NOOOOO luck finding the ""Q"" contact point on my BENQ board.DOES anyone know exactly where on the drive is this contact located. I fallowed the installation pictures on their site and still i cant find it .THANKS

Buzzjockey

• Archived User
Nme?benq
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2008, 05:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(dregorax @ Jan 5 2008, 01:11 AM) *

Start at the front of the xbox where the power button is.  Then go left, and down.

It is below that big silver square.

But could you do me a favor, my installation isn't working.  I am getting an e65 error with the chip installed.

When you finish yours, if it works, can you take a look at these pics and tell me if yours looks the same as mine?

I would really appreciate it.
http://www.pbase.com/tester111121/new_gallery

Thanks

Try using a larger gauge wire for your +5 and Gnd. Also solder them to the side and don't come in on the top of them, It might also be a good idea to get the black goo off of your I and A points and do the same on those.

Buzz