xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xeno 360 Not Working At All!  (Read 59 times)

Reaper RVN

• Archived User
Xeno 360 Not Working At All!
« on: July 23, 2007, 02:23:00 AM »

I installed Xeno 360 chip on my Samsung HS 943 drive (Dec 2006 Production). Connections are ok and the chip turns on fine.

Can't play backups at all (system says "Please insert Xbox DVD....")

A friend of mine installed the same on his Hitachi 78FK..same problem!! Please help ASAP

We bought the chips online from: www.mod-chip.com

LIVE Prophet

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 03:13:00 PM »

Are you booting the system up by holding eject for a full 5 seconds?

How did you burn your backups? I use the www.team-underdog.com method and it works flawlessly.
Heres the method I used:
Verbatim DVD-R DL discs
Extracted games with Schtrom 3.2 (whole disc stealth extract)
Convert .ISO with NMEaSSociator
Burned with IMGburn - select the .DVD file - at 2.4x speed (make sure to set layer break according to team-underdog)

Reaper RVN

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 09:14:00 PM »

Yea booted it right by holding button for 5 seconds...system tries to read the DVD Rom for some time and returns with "Unplayable disc"...could it have something to do with the Pot tweaking?

I'm not sure about the specs. of the DVD burning..a friend helped me out with it.

PLz let know.

LIVE Prophet

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 11:47:00 AM »

You didnt tweak your pot?  You NEED to do that for Hitachi drives if you didnt. You should drop the pot calibration down to about 3.0...thats where mine is and it works perfectly.

If you dont know how to do that, here is how:  You need to get a meter and check rating you originally get on your dvd pot, then lower it to 3.0 (turn that screw slightly tho, a small movement is a HUGE difference in pot calibration!)  Just follow this image: (IMG:http://www.team-underdog.com/pixnme/hitlaser.jpg)

By the way, you will also need a small screwdriver or needle nose pliers to turn that screw.

This post has been edited by LIVE Prophet: Jul 24 2007, 06:49 PM