xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Nme 1.2 Install Gone Bad Probly Bricked It  (Read 115 times)

g00se_is_l00se

• Archived User
Nme 1.2 Install Gone Bad Probly Bricked It
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2007, 09:21:00 AM »

Ok i got another xbox (i got it switched) Still a samsung drive i had my friend help put it in with me we both installed a old xecuter 2.3 pro before this. He can solder very well. We had everything soldered in we used the instructions from nme site. We checked all the points with a multimeter and its picking up the 5+v its suppost to be out putting. Also, used alot better soldering iron this time around. I'm getting the E65 error with the chip installed and even if i take the chip off now i still get the e 65 error. I used an old ide cable for the wires to install the nme 1.2. Could this have anything to do with that 470 coil? All the points look very well done I'm just having a hard time understanding what could have went wrong this time around with it. Plz tell me if there is anything else i can check or try different.

LIVE Prophet

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2007, 09:34:00 PM »

Well I hate to say this but its obvious that is must be your soldering job gone bad; the only reason you would still get an error after the chip is removed is if you broke something.  Perhaps you ruined the pins removing the epoxy from the SST chip?  Or maybe cut a trace trying to solder to it?  Burned a cap? Broke a transistor?  Could be anything, you just have to know what to look for.

My guess is its the SST chip.  Thats what would cause an E65 (E65 stands for DVD Drive Timeout, Wrong FW, etc...).  Check to make sure you didn't pop the pins off the motherboard where you soldered at on the SST.

g00se_is_l00se

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2007, 05:19:00 AM »

Alright after getting a different xbox 360 and having my friend put the chip in the xbox 360 still works. We checked to see if the chip was getting its 5 v+ and it was and all the other points seem to be alright also. I tried backing up Dead rising by downloading a copy ( I own the game) that way it would cut out less chances of me screwing things up. So i could stick to the easy part just burning the game. It came with the .DVD file that had the layer break set right i opened it up to check it i burned with imgburn at 2.4x and another time with 2x. The chip wont turn on i get the "Please insert into an xbox 360...." message. The xbox 360 runs origanls just fine, but doesnt kick on when i put the burned back up in. I didnt know if this would work but i tried puting in a backed up movie to see if the chip would kick on and disable the ethernet and that didnt work either. I think i might have screwed up or gotten a broken nme 1.2 chip. Probly broke it. Is there away i could check the chip any farther to see if it is working properly. If the chip is broken can anyone tell me were is a good place to get another one? Seems since the mod chip raid ordeal they have kinda dissappered.

LIVE Prophet

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2007, 07:50:00 PM »

Thanks to that post you are now going to get banned. Absolutely NO talking of downloading games!  Its in the pinned rules, and the rules also say no cute excuses like "I own the game" or "Its for a friend".

QUOTE(g00se_is_l00se @ Aug 15 2007, 12:19 PM) *

Alright after getting a different xbox 360 and having my friend put the chip in the xbox 360 still works. We checked to see if the chip was getting its 5 v+ and it was and all the other points seem to be alright also. I tried backing up Dead rising by downloading a copy ( I own the game) that way it would cut out less chances of me screwing things up. So i could stick to the easy part just burning the game. It came with the .DVD file that had the layer break set right i opened it up to check it i burned with imgburn at 2.4x and another time with 2x. The chip wont turn on i get the "Please insert into an xbox 360...." message. The xbox 360 runs origanls just fine, but doesnt kick on when i put the burned back up in. I didnt know if this would work but i tried puting in a backed up movie to see if the chip would kick on and disable the ethernet and that didnt work either. I think i might have screwed up or gotten a broken nme 1.2 chip. Probly broke it. Is there away i could check the chip any farther to see if it is working properly. If the chip is broken can anyone tell me were is a good place to get another one? Seems since the mod chip raid ordeal they have kinda dissappered.

Anyway, yea Im not too sure where to buy a new chip at the moment.  You should have just made a backup of the game you own.  What you are doing is illegal, and is going to get you banned from these forums.

g00se_is_l00se

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2007, 05:26:00 AM »

Sorry my bad. I saw somebody else make a post like that so i didnt think it would matter as long as you owned the game. But is there anyway to know if my chip is dead?

LIVE Prophet

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2007, 08:50:00 PM »

Well you could have someone show you how to properly make a backup, or at least test a known working backup.  Or you could of course try it in another 360, but I doubt that is readily available for many people.

Let me ask you, do you actually know how to make a backup from a game you own?  Its really not hard, trust me, if you made it this far, the rest is easy (tho I think the whole process is entirely easy).  I would be willing to type you up a short and easy to understand version of how to do it.  

And btw, I wasn't trying to be rude or anything earlier, I was just stating the rules because I hate to see people get banned when all they want is help, but as it is, rules are rules ya know.

g00se_is_l00se

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2007, 06:28:00 AM »

Yea im the only person i know that is trying to back up there games. Nobody else wants to spend the time to do this. I know other people with xbox 360 but they havent done anything to theres. Is it ok to send someone a backup to test to see if it works?

Yes i was trying the wxRipper way of backing up the games after i change somethings around i got work without giving me any errors. After burning it and testing the game and nothing happening I tried the already ripped copy and couldn't get that to work either. You talked about the ground solder point and why you should put it on the dvd pin. Would it realy matter all that much if it is still getting ground? I have tested the wiring and they all seem to be connected fine and i get the 5v+ i should get. I didnt use the bigger wires for the ground and 5v+ i just used 80-conductor hardrive cable wires for all solder points. I have heard realy u arent suppost to use it for  the 5v+ and ground but lots of ppl say they did and it works fine.

LIVE Prophet

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2007, 09:27:00 PM »

As far as the wiring I just used 30awg wire.  I dont think it really matters that much though, I mena I have used even IDE cable wire in the past.

g00se_is_l00se

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2007, 09:48:00 AM »

since i am unable to find a nme 1.2 chip i found this i found it odd that they would have this in but not any other mod chips http://www.divineo.cn/cgi-bin/div-cn/360-mod360s. I noticed it seemed to be a nme knock off or pretty close to it. It seemed to use most of the same solder points and used the same backup technicians as nme does and disables xbox live when burn media is in the drive. I was wondering if anyone had heard anything about this chip and since i cant find any nme chips around just changing i think a wire or 2 and installing this one instead also cheap which is cool.

LIVE Prophet

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2007, 03:10:00 PM »

wow...thats pretty cheap!
Pages: 1 [2]