xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Nme 1.2 Prob, Red Light Error  (Read 68 times)

littlet

• Archived User
Nme 1.2 Prob, Red Light Error
« on: June 06, 2007, 02:16:00 PM »

this is my first 360 mod, have done dozzens of ps2 fat boys and slims, got my technique down pat. i installed nme 1.2 on a samsung drive, everything went very well, all points solderd perfect.when i first started machine i got no picture and the 3 red light error(top left and 2 bottom).checked all wires again, looked great, removed chip,cleaned all points with desolder wick and to my surprise still getting error. am i missing something?

littlet

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 11:44:00 AM »

could the no picture be a sign to where my prob could be?

LIVE Prophet

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 06:40:00 PM »

First off did you remember to set the chip to Samsung mode?  You do this by soldering a small wire from the B point to the GND (both are on the chip itself).

Did you test the Xbox 360 without the chip after you removed it?

littlet

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 06:48:00 AM »

yes i did ground point b and i did try machine after removing chip with same error.this surprised me because its not like i did a hack job on the board, went very well and clean.its almost like the thing was boobytraped, as soon as i opened it it fried.

LIVE Prophet

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 08:56:00 AM »

So it no longer showed picture even without the chip?  Is it possible that you short out an AV cable? Because that is all I could think of right now.

See, even if you destroyed your DVD drive, that would NOT give you 3 red lights.  How can you test this?  Start the machine up without the DVD drive in, and you will see that the only error light you get is the middle power light will flash constantly (indicating a DVD drive problem, but in this case no DVD drive)

Now, if for some odd reason it starts up fine without the DVD drive, well then you've solved at least that problem.

But you are sure that nothing may have fallen on the motherboard, came out of place, etc.?  Check everything, because there was a time once when I assembled everything and got 3 red lights, but just pressed my case in and then it came on like normal (could case allignment cause 3 red lights? i doubt it, b/c u can start it without the case at all, but it seemed like it did for me that one time)