xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Burning Issues (xeno360)  (Read 117 times)

fis2k76

• Archived User
Burning Issues (xeno360)
« on: May 23, 2007, 10:02:00 AM »

As an additional but not sure if it should could but the system I am using is SPTI and not ASPI layer drivers... does this make a difference?

fis2k76

• Archived User
Burning Issues (xeno360)
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 12:00:00 PM »

As a few extras that I feel need to add. The firmware has now been upgraded on the Pioneer to 1.21. (Made no difference at that point)

Plus a decided to do a full verify of the burned disc compared to the image (ISO) file I used. This came back negative (i.e. with errors).   So I decided to check some more of the discs I had tried and they did the same.  All discs were faulty at about 48% of the way through.  My though was that this should not stop the disc booting but should stop it playing properly.  So again I am stuck and running on 5 DVD+R DL coaster and 2 DVD-R coasters.

Hope this bit more info helps you help me.

Whitey00

• Archived User
Burning Issues (xeno360)
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 10:34:00 AM »

yeah seems like your doing everything correct...dont know there might be something faulty with some these chips...i got one yesturday and installed it..put 5 different backups in and they all loaded fine..played them for a bit...woke up this morning and no backups will load....originals are fine though...what a pisser :-D

fis2k76

• Archived User
Burning Issues (xeno360)
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 09:58:00 AM »

Well I finally got my Verbatim DVD+R DL through the post. Still no luck. The disc churns for a few seconds then either says "Open Tray" or "Unplayable Disc". I am completly lost for ideas now.

I have changed the drive pot from range 3,10k to 2,50k stopping every few times to test. I have been advised not to go lower than that.

Can anyone help?  Is it possibly the chip?

fis2k76

• Archived User
Burning Issues (xeno360)
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 02:50:00 PM »

The problem has been solved.  It appears that games using a mod-chip require a different patch to that of the firmware updates.

I will write a small tutorial up and post here when completed.

Thanks to everyone for your help.

Whitey00

• Archived User
Burning Issues (xeno360)
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 04:53:00 PM »

yeah you talking bout burning them using the nme method? ive done that will all my images...was well odd that after install all my backups played for the entire day..then next morning none loaded anymore...even took apart the box and checked ever single point with a scope...all was perfect ....modded ever system out there a dozen times never an issue...odd indeed..this morning i got one to load and played for few hours...after restarting and trying another game none load again :-DD using samsung drive so dont think i need to tweak the laser or anything

ydgmms

• Archived User
Burning Issues (xeno360)
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 07:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(fis2k76 @ May 29 2007, 04:26 PM) View Post

The problem has been solved.  It appears that games using a mod-chip require a different patch to that of the firmware updates.

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=597616

Don't have to...

LIVE Prophet

• Archived User
Burning Issues (xeno360)
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 06:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(Whitey00 @ May 30 2007, 12:29 AM) View Post

yeah you talking bout burning them using the nme method? ive done that will all my images...was well odd that after install all my backups played for the entire day..then next morning none loaded anymore...even took apart the box and checked ever single point with a scope...all was perfect ....modded ever system out there a dozen times never an issue...odd indeed..this morning i got one to load and played for few hours...after restarting and trying another game none load again :-DD using samsung drive so dont think i need to tweak the laser or anything

Probably your laser burning out...did you tweak the pot?  If so maybe you did too much, or not enough?  A new laser is only about $15 on ebay, just make sure you get the right model if you go that route.

LIVE Prophet

• Archived User
Burning Issues (xeno360)
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2007, 08:49:00 AM »

you could try, but im not sure that will solve the problem.  See, I installed an NME v1.2 on my friends 360 and all his backups boot up perfectly (samsung drive), and I never tweaked the laser.

LIVE Prophet

• Archived User
Burning Issues (xeno360)
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2007, 03:26:00 PM »

Yea its actually a common problem though with games not booting up after playing for a while.  Its just that I have never had that problem, even after playing multiple games for hours, I never get any problems.

Thats why Im still trying to find a solution to that.  Obviously there are cooling upgrades you could do (Talismoon Fan, the fan shroud mod, thermal paste upgrade, XCM addon fan, etc.) but what about those of us (like me) that have no cooling mods whatsoever and dont experience any problems at all?  Is there a quality difference in the Xbox 360's?

LIVE Prophet

• Archived User
Burning Issues (xeno360)
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2007, 06:12:00 PM »

Yes!  I have been meaning to post this, because when you told me of the problem I knew there was somethign I read before about games not booting which was directly related to the GND point, I just couldn't remember at the time.

But yea, the ground point next to the power cable is the one that I used.  Is that the same for you?

tylord

• Archived User
Burning Issues (xeno360)
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2007, 03:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(fis2k76 @ May 29 2007, 02:26 PM) View Post

I'm having the exact same problems as you. What patch do i need to make them work?

LIVE Prophet

• Archived User
Burning Issues (xeno360)
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2007, 06:42:00 AM »

I wonder what went through the minds of Team-Underdog and Team Xeno that made them not realize the huge ground point next to the power cable/plug?

LIVE Prophet

• Archived User
Burning Issues (xeno360)
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2007, 10:02:00 PM »

Im surprised Team Xodus has yet to show their hands in the mod scene (as far as Xbox 360)  Correct me if Im wrong, but the last product they made was the Xenium Gold for original xbox!

Whitey00

• Archived User
Burning Issues (xeno360)
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2007, 06:46:00 AM »

yeah