xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Modification  (Read 49 times)

WeaponX8027

• Archived User
Modification
« on: April 08, 2007, 12:14:00 PM »

Can anyone tell me what my mod/modchip options are for the 360? And is there any reputable place to have it done if it is available? Thanks!

LIVE Prophet

• Archived User
Modification
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 01:05:00 AM »

Modchips:

1- NME V1.2 <----------Best of the NME bunch.
2- NME V1.1
3- NME V1.0
4- NME LE

All on the Team-Underdog website. (www.team-underdog.com)

5- Globe-360

On www.globe-360.com

6- DevilMod 360

http://www.grmods.com/modchips/devil/mod360.htm

7- Xeno360

http://www.mod-chip.com/index-cart-us.php?go=en/xeno360.php

If you want someone to professionally install it for you, just go to www.modchipman.com
For $79.99 they will install any modchip you have.

caster420

• Archived User
Modification
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 05:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(WeaponX8027 @ Apr 8 2007, 01:45 PM) *
Can anyone tell me what my mod/modchip options are for the 360? And is there any reputable place to have it done if it is available? Thanks!

In my opinion, the best mod is a flashed firmware, no modchip at all.  You can do it yourself or have someone do it for you for less than the price of a chip and an install of said chip.

Caster.

LIVE Prophet

• Archived User
Modification
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 09:44:00 PM »

Flashing is good and all, but what if Microsoft does a DVD firmware check?  The modchips will not be detected, or at least will be very less likely compared to a DVD Drive flash.

caster420

• Archived User
Modification
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2007, 06:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(LIVE Prophet @ Apr 13 2007, 11:15 PM) *
Flashing is good and all, but what if Microsoft does a DVD firmware check?  The modchips will not be detected, or at least will be very less likely compared to a DVD Drive flash.

To say that they will not be detected is a pretty bold statement.  What does the modchip do?  Think about it... It sends modified responses to the motherboard, resulting in non-360 media being booted.  What does the firmware do, it sends modified responses to the motherboard.  So, i think if they detect the firmware, they will just as easily detect patch on the fly modchips.  Yes, you can turn them off.  However, if they do add a check for these modified responses, it will probably be built into the kernel and not just a live issue.  I highly doubt they will dump the drive and compare the firmware - it will more likely be a response check.  Look at drives that cannot be dumped but can be hacked (v79 for example).  How are they going to check that firmware?  They dont.

Caster.