xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Video Of Infectus - X360 Nand Flash Reading!  (Read 140 times)

infectus

• Archived User
Video Of Infectus - X360 Nand Flash Reading!
« on: March 30, 2007, 05:35:00 AM »

Hi Guys,

check out this page http://www.infectus.biz/news.php?news=2007-03-29%2018.48.05

INFECTUS connected to X360 BIOS and allow to read and write the internal flash!!

I think all can understand that this can open a new ERA of X360 modify!!!

1- Developers can have easy and cheaper access in writing and reading of the internal BIOS NAND FLASH of X360

2- Is possible to downgrade the DASHBOARD!!! And all know that an old version of DASHBOARD have a hole!!

For all PS3 users, this video show what will be the process to read and write PS3 NAND FLASH. The PS3 version will be ready in few days... probably we can reduce a lot of wires, we are testing now to pilot the MEMORY CONTROLLER of the NAND FLASHES of PS3 !!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

I remember that all the new features of INFECTUS are avaiable only with a SOFTWARE UPGRADE of the PROGRAM MANAGER, the hardware is right now avaiable for sell on our official resellers, check website!

INFECTUS TEAM
www.infectus.biz

psxpirate1

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 09:30:00 AM »

This is gonna be AWESOME! Now bring on the homebrew!

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 08:58:00 AM »

QUOTE(infectus @ Mar 30 2007, 12:06 PM) View Post

2- Is possible to downgrade the DASHBOARD!!! And all know that an old version of DASHBOARD have a hole!!

Sounded interesting till I got to that. I would think anyone smart enough to make a chip that can do that would know it's the kernel that has the hole in it, not the dash, and HTF can we downgrade since the efuse is blown, the console shouldn't boot if you put a lower kernel on (and never removed the resistor). (unless of course they mean you can downgrade IF you removed the resistor before upgrading).

Don't get me wrong it would be awesome if this is true, but I'd like to hear more about the downgrading process. If it can truely work on a console that has been updated these guys have found a gold mine, I'd buy it.

caster420

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 03:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(cerealkillajme @ Mar 30 2007, 10:05 AM) *

Sounded interesting till I got to that. I would think anyone smart enough to make a chip that can do that would know it's the kernel that has the hole in it, not the dash, and HTF can we downgrade since the efuse is blown, the console shouldn't boot if you put a lower kernel on (and never removed the resistor). (unless of course they mean you can downgrade IF you removed the resistor before upgrading).

Don't get me wrong it would be awesome if this is true, but I'd like to hear more about the downgrading process. If it can truely work on a console that has been updated these guys have found a gold mine, I'd buy it.

Hahaha, downgrade the dashboard.

I suspect they mean downgrading the kernel using the same technique that robinsod did - corrupt the applied patches and it reverts to the previous kernel.  From what i have read of robinsod's work about downgrading from 4552, it does not work using this technique, even if you did remove R6T3.  It was speculated at the time that the file system was completely overwritten with one that will not work with lower kernels.  Once he flashed his NAND with a dump of an older kernel it booted fine again.  Thus, you need a dump prior to upgrading to 4552 to be able to downgrade to pre-4552 kernels since the NANDs are married to each individual 360 with a per-box key...

Robinsod performed the exact process with a LPC2148, which probably costs less that what this chip will cost.  I suspect that they need to do some more research into the subject before they make such bold claims, or atleast provide more evidence other than them actually dumping the NAND (old news, sorry).  This is nothing new and certainly does not look easier than what robinsod did.  Plus, if they were smart, they would have used the alernate pinout on the bottom of the motherboard.  It is much easier to solder to!

My two cents.

Caster.

This post has been edited by caster420: Mar 30 2007, 10:58 PM

Textbook

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 08:53:00 PM »

<< waits patiently for a response from infectus.

ReRuss

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2007, 01:34:00 PM »

so 360 homebrew is finally coming around?

will this mean that 360's will soon be as moddable as xbox 1?

PhunkyGam3r

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2007, 07:21:00 AM »

I hope so, I'm not sure how Xecuter or whomever got a hold of the original Xbox BIOS first, but they removed media flag checks, and sig checks so we could run homebrew, so as soon as someone can figure this out, were good, and I would see some new Chips coming out.(name suggestions Xecuter X-L Pro and lite, you get the idea tongue.gif)

caster420

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2007, 12:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(PhunkyGam3r @ Apr 1 2007, 09:28 AM) *
I hope so, I'm not sure how Xecuter or whomever got a hold of the original Xbox BIOS first, but they removed media flag checks, and sig checks so we could run homebrew, so as soon as someone can figure this out, were good, and I would see some new Chips coming out.(name suggestions Xecuter X-L Pro and lite, you get the idea (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) )

Dont get your hopes up...

Caster.

PhunkyGam3r

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2007, 04:44:00 PM »

I don't know why all of you people discourage this stuff, I mean, so what if this doesn't work, all that means is this method don't work, we'll find another one, it's the true nature of a hacker. I mean these ppl obviously have some brains and I know most of the other people do too, but we need all the help and work we can get towards homebrew. I'm telling you guys it's gonna happen and if this is the method that it happens with I'll still be here to point fingers and laugh, ofcourse if it's not this way it'll be another, or another, it's inevitable.

PhunkyGam3r

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2007, 04:40:00 PM »

Hey guys, told ya so smile.gif(newbs)

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=596018

caster420

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2007, 07:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(PhunkyGam3r @ Apr 3 2007, 06:47 PM) *

Read this thread...

I wasnt saying that this isn't possible, but there will be no custom bios.  

(newbs)

Caster.

This post has been edited by caster420: Apr 4 2007, 02:59 AM

blame canada

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2007, 08:01:00 PM »

Sooo, if I get this correctly, we'll be able to upgrade/downgrade the kernel bypassing the eFuse so we can play live and then downgrade to run linux?

caster420

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2007, 08:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(blame canada @ Apr 3 2007, 09:32 PM) *
Sooo, if I get this correctly, we'll be able to upgrade/downgrade the kernel bypassing the eFuse so we can play live and then downgrade to run linux?

Well, you have to disable the eFuse power supply first (remove R6T3).  Then you'll dump your original assuming its exploitable.  Then upgrade to 4552, play, then downgrade when you want to use the HV exploit.

Caster.

This post has been edited by caster420: Apr 4 2007, 03:14 AM

ReRuss

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2007, 08:13:00 PM »

some homebrew would be nice... XBMC and larger HDDs , but custom bios may only be a dream