xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Nme-360 Samsung Install Pictures  (Read 115 times)

darkmaster2

• Archived User
Nme-360 Samsung Install Pictures
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2007, 06:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(Awoken 1 @ Jan 31 2007, 07:05 PM) View Post

Well i used these points and now i have a serious problem.
Everything works when i test it without putting it back together.
When i srew the little srews back in the 360 gives me 3 red light  ohmy.gif
but when i only put in the long srews it works.

Now this makes me believe its a problem with the ground ????

Also when i put it back together without the little srews it works fine for about 15 mins and then gives me 3 red lights.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Maybe you are trapping the X or Y wires when you close up the dvd drive?
Also, the ground is ground and it doesnt change after 15 minutes, so I doubt thats the problem.
I have used those points a few times now without any issues

NeoDarkSaver

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2007, 10:04:00 PM »

Nice pictures! Is ur cable any special than the rolls in radioshack for 6 bucks? any specification requirements for the cables?

guzzard

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2007, 10:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(getchevyn @ Jan 22 2007, 04:52 AM) View Post

I am just about ready to get this chip but have several questions when I saw these pictures.

1.) Apparently the B solder point is connected to a ground point to set it to Samsung mode. That point could be soldered to the copper grounding point just as the picture shows.  But have anyone soldered it to the modchip ground point like wizdawg has suggested and made it actually work.

2.) The +5 volt point. Is there a solder point when I scrapped the epoxy off or do I need to scrape some pbc off the board to expose a copper trace?  

3.) That solder point under board with all those blue points, again do I need to scrape anything off to expose the copper so I can get a good solder joint.  

I think I can solder such small joints if I practice enough with a testing board so any info would be appreciated.

2. solderpoint will be exposed.

3. scrape off the blue glue or whatever it is.. very easy to do with a small screwdriver or knife

QUOTE(NeoDarkSaver @ Feb 2 2007, 06:11 AM) View Post

Nice pictures! Is ur cable any special than the rolls in radioshack for 6 bucks? any specification requirements for the cables?

cheapest cable i could find. nothing special..

QUOTE(Awoken 1 @ Feb 2 2007, 06:16 AM) View Post

Okay so i resoldered the ground point to the point that nme suggests and the problem remains.
However i put in all the little srews and it didn`t work. so i unscrewed the three srewes under the memorycard slots and its working now for 1,5 hours.

Strange things  blink.gif

make 100% sure that nothing is coming in contact with any metal in the xbox, it thing something is short circuiting perhaps.. otherwise i dont know..

R155

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2007, 11:41:00 PM »

shame the pic on the top right doesnt work ! some good tips and tricks

Pages: 1 [2]