xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Hardware Idea For Future Updates?  (Read 148 times)

Wolves

• Archived User
Hardware Idea For Future Updates?
« on: May 21, 2006, 05:55:00 PM »

Yes, that seems quite possible, I'm sure one of the mod chip companies has already thought of and implemented it.

letsmod

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 09:10:00 PM »

how about this.  make a PCB to the pin out points add 2 SST's, one with hack frmware and one for ripping.  uses dip switch to select which sst to boot on, mount the dips in the rear or under the HDD

jtom617

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2006, 05:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(ben1989 @ May 29 2006, 10:56 AM) View Post

that could work and add another swich to turn off the hack when updating ur dash bord so ms only flash the onbord one tongue.gif

agreed!  pop.gif

jtom617

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2006, 05:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(flashfreak @ May 30 2006, 12:37 AM) View Post

I still hate this whole firmware situation. Its only used for piracy. I hope MS catch every single person who has done it and do something drastic about it. Piracy is the worst form of stealing. I used to copy games a lot, yeah, but now I've realised (as im becoming a game developer) that it takes a lot of work to make a game, and people stealing it just sucks. If you don't like the price of games, wait for them to come down, or head to ebay. Copying is just making everything worse, its really ruining the scene IMO.

dont just assume, thats not right, i havent copied one single game, and havent even thought about doing it, theres more too it than just that, so what, its a plus, If i choose to do it, Then i will unplug that xbox from xbox live!   laugh.gif

krayzie

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 10:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(littlejack @ May 30 2006, 02:45 PM) View Post

I agree that piracy is wrong, but how will buying second hand games off Ebay help the game developers?  They don't see any more income do they?

Well the person who sells the games could use the money to buy new games.....

rooter75

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2006, 04:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(flashfreak @ May 29 2006, 05:37 PM) View Post

I used to copy games a lot, yeah, but now I've realised (as im becoming a game developer) that it takes a lot of work to make a game, and people stealing it just sucks.

That's nice you've had a change of heart.  biggrin.gif   Too bad it seems to be driven by a desires to gain more for yourself.  The same motivating factor that led you to copy games instead of pay for them in the first place.  Heaven forbid someone decides to steal all the games you develop! huh.gif

Xombe

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2006, 07:55:00 PM »

And this is technical modchip research related... how?