xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Can I Do It Myself...? And How?  (Read 25 times)

the Ramones

• Archived User
Can I Do It Myself...? And How?
« on: October 05, 2011, 03:47:00 AM »

I looked around and didn't see an answer.

I have an Xbox,white one, made in 2009 July 13 according to the born-on date.

Currently I live in China. And I use the local Xbox games bought from a local store.

A few weeks ago I bought a game and it updated the machine and bricked it,  so I took it to the guy at the store and for about $20 USD in local currency he reflashed it for me.

When I bought the Box in China the dude flashed it for me. I watched him, took about 15 minutes.

It didn't look very complicated. Took it apart and hooked the dvd drive up to a computer and ran a program from the usb it seemed.

The guy at the game store today told me that if I want to play Gears Of War 3 I need a new flash that just came out and he will charge me $15.

So, can I do this myself and WHERE can I find detailed instructions and the newest flash mods.

I am technical and handy and prefer to do things myself. Also being in China there are no legit game stores only "local" versions that require a flashed Box.

Thanks.

ATHiEST

• Archived User
Can I Do It Myself...? And How?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 11:26:00 AM »

If your modder can give you backups of your fw it will make things easier for you as you wont need to re-dump them yourself.

If he doesnt have them you will need..
    CK3
    Probe 3
    Sata connection on PC or X360USB Pro.

You should also get Jungle Flasher and the guide from same site.