xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Zephyr Box, Can't Get Consistent Nand Reads  (Read 122 times)

tk_saturn

• Archived User
Zephyr Box, Can't Get Consistent Nand Reads
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2011, 03:25:00 PM »

Don't unsolder anything, but adding an additional wire between the metal casing of the console and pc just acts as a backup incase you have a flakey ground.

I always just take a length of solder of the roll and put it between them, it does no harm.

Madhatta

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2011, 03:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(tk_saturn @ Jan 24 2011, 11:25 PM) View Post

Don't unsolder anything, but adding an additional wire between the metal casing of the console and pc just acts as a backup incase you have a flakey ground.

I always just take a length of solder of the roll and put it between them, it does no harm.

Do you mean between the mobo and the flasher? Not quite getting it, sorry.

tk_saturn

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2011, 03:45:00 PM »

Between the metal chassis of the console, to the metal chassis of the PC.

Madhatta

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2011, 03:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(tk_saturn @ Jan 24 2011, 11:45 PM) View Post

Between the metal chassis of the console, to the metal chassis of the PC.

Oh and that will then give a decent ground to the flasher then even if the mobo is not bolted into the chassis? I just have it sitting in there right now.

tk_saturn

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2011, 04:10:00 PM »

lol. I didn't know you had had it out of the chassis. I'm sure it will be fine without doing that, it's just something I like doing. I have mine flashed with Xellous before I even remove it from chassis.

Some people solder a wire those big metal pads where the long screws go through, and take that to the PC chassis. But again, you need to it if your soldering is flakey.

Also remember even with Xellous, before powering it on make sure it's back in the chassis with the fans and fan shroud attached. Older consoles tend to run hot  if you run them without the 8 black screws in the base too, the thermal paste seems to go off over time.

Madhatta

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2011, 04:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(tk_saturn @ Jan 25 2011, 12:10 AM) View Post

lol. I didn't know you had had it out of the chassis. I'm sure it will be fine without doing that, it's just something I like doing. I have mine flashed with Xellous before I even remove it from chassis.

Some people solder a wire those big metal pads where the long screws go through, and take that to the PC chassis. But again, you need to it if your soldering is flakey.

Also remember even with Xellous, before powering it on make sure it's back in the chassis with the fans and fan shroud attached. Older consoles tend to run hot  if you run them without the 8 black screws in the base too, the thermal paste seems to go off over time.

Well I can screw it back in no prob I just hadn't put it back in yet because I had it out to do a red ring fix on it. It's actually in there but not bolted in is all.

I think my soldering is good but I am just second guessing myself because of the bad reads. I will compare the dumps tonight though and see what's going on.

Noted on the fans and fan shroud being in before turning it back on. Thanks smile.gif

Madhatta

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2011, 05:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(tk_saturn @ Jan 25 2011, 12:10 AM) View Post

So the newest revelation is that with NAND Healer it shows the images as being non-exploitable. I don't get that as it's a Zephyr with CB 4540. Any ideas? It is showing mismatches as well.

Madhatta

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2011, 09:59:00 PM »

Scratch that last post. I got Xellous installed but was having issues with making the freeboot image with BestPig's kit so I made the image with JTAG tool. The flashing seemed to go well it noted the bad blocks and said it was moving them but when I booted the 360 it starts to go with the splash screen but then goes to E71 which I have read has to do with a bad image.

Anyway, I guess now I am wondering if the bad blocks need to be remapped before I create the freeboot image?

Edit: So now going into Xellous (with the eject button) it won't recognize anything off the USB. I was looking at all my images and it says the bad blocks have been moved to the end already and my updflash.bin reports no bad blocks. Should I flash the original image back with nandpro and try something else or should I leave Xellous on there?

Oh and secondary error code is 1013

Edit 2: So not sure if this will do me any good but I have a non-exploitable zephyr board here that is burned up. Would the nand image from it do me any good if it turns out mine is bad? I have other non zephyr boxes too. Just kinda stuck now and figured I would throw out there anything I had.
Pages: 1 [2]