xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26

Author Topic: Play Ap2.5 Games On Any Drive! (tested And Safe)  (Read 1590 times)

cobain1

• Archived User
Play Ap2.5 Games On Any Drive! (tested And Safe)
« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2010, 02:10:00 AM »

hi...

I have just updated to 9199 and accidently skip the next step (animal & adventure) and update to 24160Beta (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

so do you know what is the next step or am I screwed now ???

This post has been edited by cobain1: Nov 23 2010, 10:15 AM

PaCiFieR

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: November 23, 2010, 02:31:00 AM »

A HOT topic attracting alot of 1st Time posters, myself included.

Greets All

I've read this thread countless time and confussion still reigns supreme. I'm seeing this exploit work on alot of old consoles running old firmware tested with games that dont even have AP2.5.

So, to my question.

Has anyone had success with this exploit on a conole running a Liteon drive (2009 model) using the Iextreme LT firmware? And can you run Assassins Creed Brotherhood and the new Need for Speed?

zipman

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: November 23, 2010, 02:50:00 AM »

ok this is very odd im seeing people saying fable 3 is not working cos of the new ap2.5, i did a dashboard update from assassin's creed brotherhood it installed the new kinect dashboard and its now on 2.0.12416.0
i put fable 3 back in and it works fine but i cant get assassin's creed brotherhood or Need 4 Speed Hot Pursuit to work without getting the "this disc is unreadable,
just seems odd to me that fable works and the others dont,

oh and i think my box is on iextreme 1.4 or 1.5 and its a sammy drive m25 i think,

This post has been edited by zipman: Nov 23 2010, 11:06 AM

PaCiFieR

• Archived User
« Reply #63 on: November 23, 2010, 03:25:00 AM »

Fable 3 I believe is NOT AP2.5.

My console is runnning the original dashboard, the one prior to 9199. I have installed Fable 3 (PAL) and it is running 100% and it never asked me to update.

So I am thinking the Fable 3 should be left out of this exploit test.

(2009 model Liteon drive running iextreme LT firmware)

This post has been edited by PaCiFieR: Nov 23 2010, 11:27 AM

wellman029

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: November 23, 2010, 03:29:00 AM »

QUOTE(PaCiFieR @ Nov 23 2010, 05:31 AM) View Post

A HOT topic attracting alot of 1st Time posters, myself included.

Greets All

I've read this thread countless time and confussion still reigns supreme. I'm seeing this exploit work on alot of old consoles running old firmware tested with games that dont even have AP2.5.

So, to my question.

Has anyone had success with this exploit on a conole running a Liteon drive (2009 model) using the Iextreme LT firmware? And can you run Assassins Creed Brotherhood and the new Need for Speed?

My xbox is an Arcade 2009-09-7 manufacture date with a lite-on drive and the latest iextreme LT FW , i ran the patches in the order posted in this thread with the exception of the first one , as my box was never online.

there was talk of hard drives screwing this up , can confirm this dosent apply as i have a 120 gig and the onboard 256 meg .

at any rate so far ACB works and Fable III , i havent tried NFSHP2 yet as i ran out of DL's but will update accordingly

_Nexus_

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: November 23, 2010, 03:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(PaCiFieR @ Nov 23 2010, 09:25 PM) View Post

My console is runnning the original dashboard, the one prior to 9199. I have installed Fable 3 (PAL) and it is running 100% and it never asked me to update.

Im pretty sure Fable 3 does have AP 2.5, but since you are running an older dashboard, the protection doesnt kick in, so to speak.

I could be wrong though

Anthares2k

• Archived User
« Reply #66 on: November 23, 2010, 03:39:00 AM »

QUOTE(_Nexus_ @ Nov 23 2010, 09:16 AM) View Post

ok so I have an old iextreme 1.4 or 1.5 non stealth firmware.
All my games are patched to wave 2
I followed the steps exactly in the op. Everything went fine.
Now no games work, old or new. Just get the play DVD message.

Any ideas??

**EDIT** Never mind me, found the rpoblem. Lets just say i have too many xbox's

LOL which is kind of good.
Glad everything went fine.

QUOTE(ThE MaSTeR 3 @ Nov 23 2010, 07:09 AM) View Post

But wont we be forced to update to a newer dash once newer games start including them? So this is basically only good for another few months of games sad.gif

or do you think this method will somehow permanently ignores ap25?

I think when MS will realize the huge misteake, it might include some patch in newer games, but this will let you go by till LT+ is out, and also till AP2.5-SS for the protected games will be available.
It might take a while before they pack a solution into some new game, till then, enjoy it..

QUOTE(FixItOrModIt @ Nov 23 2010, 07:09 AM) View Post

did not work for me, i updated a friends 8955 box with a liteon 74580 drive spoofed as a hitachi 47 on 1.6.1 firmware

followed your directions exactly with a flash drive and it just says play dvd when i put an ap2.5 game in, i just put a brand spankin new laser in too because it wasnt playing anything

plays anything including black ops but no ap25 games

I'm not really sure what's the problem... cause it always worked...

QUOTE(Adsldrew @ Nov 23 2010, 07:57 AM) View Post

I updated my elite which had ixtreme1.6 I believe.
I did all three updates listed from the links in the first post. All the updates installed correctly in order using a pen usb stick. The dash now reads 2.0.12416.0 but when I try NFS or AC:B it says Play Dvd when inserted.
Old backups still work fine. XVal still says clean.
I probably should not have installed the last update because I have a newer version of iextreme?

Any ideas?

Help- really wanted to play NFS!

Thanks!

Exactly as Angel_Azrael said. You still need activate.it or to patch your games.

QUOTE(cobain1 @ Nov 23 2010, 10:10 AM) View Post

hi...

I have just updated to 9199 and accidently skip the next step (animal & adventure) and update to 24160Beta sad.gif

so do you know what is the next step or am I screwed now ???

Iìm sorry... it was absolutetly necessary to update the dash from those. Cause if you jumped on 24160, it wont apply those u updates anymore, since they are older than the one you already applied.

QUOTE(PaCiFieR @ Nov 23 2010, 11:25 AM) View Post

Fable 3 plays perfectly on an old dash, because it's wave 6. But since it has AP2.5, which will be activated on the new dash, Fable 3 will NOT work on the new dash. Also it will flag your console.

aswilbourn

• Archived User
« Reply #67 on: November 23, 2010, 03:40:00 AM »

QUOTE(_Nexus_ @ Nov 23 2010, 12:32 PM) View Post

Im pretty sure Fable 3 does have AP 2.5, but since you are running an older dashboard, the protection doesnt kick in, so to speak.

I could be wrong though

Fable 3 is ap 2.5 its just that unlike ACBH and NFSHP it doesn't include the new dashboard so doesn't force you to update to play the game. And as you rightly said the old dashboard does not support ap 2.5 checks.

Anthares2k

• Archived User
« Reply #68 on: November 23, 2010, 03:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(_Nexus_ @ Nov 23 2010, 11:32 AM) *

I could be wrong though

It's been confirmed by c4eva: Fable 3 does have AP2.5

PaCiFieR

• Archived User
« Reply #69 on: November 23, 2010, 03:55:00 AM »

OK, One other question. A stupid one, I know.

The term "flag my console", this is a bad thing right? Is it still a bad thing if I DONT go onto Live? My console has never, nor will ever go on Live.

_Nexus_

• Archived User
« Reply #70 on: November 23, 2010, 03:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(aswilbourn @ Nov 23 2010, 09:40 PM) View Post

Fable 3 is ap 2.5 its just that unlike ACBH and NFSHP it doesn't include the new dashboard so doesn't force you to update to play the game. And as you rightly said the old dashboard does not support ap 2.5 checks.

ah gotya. Thanks

wellman029

• Archived User
« Reply #71 on: November 23, 2010, 03:57:00 AM »

QUOTE(PaCiFieR @ Nov 23 2010, 06:55 AM) View Post

The term "flag my console", this is a bad thing right? Is it still a bad thing if I DONT go onto Live? My console has never, nor will ever go on Live.

"flag your console" is bad if you are a participant on Live , it would potentially get your box banned from logging into Live ,  if your never going online then it wouldn't pertain to you

PaCiFieR

• Archived User
« Reply #72 on: November 23, 2010, 03:59:00 AM »

QUOTE(wellman029 @ Nov 23 2010, 12:57 PM) View Post

"flag your console" is bad if you are a participant on Live , it would potentially get your box banned from logging into Live ,  if your never going online then it wouldn't pertain to you

Thanks for the prompt response.  wink.gif

Anthares2k

• Archived User
« Reply #73 on: November 23, 2010, 03:59:00 AM »

QUOTE(PaCiFieR @ Nov 23 2010, 11:55 AM) *

No it's not. Flagging your console means actually marking it for ban once online. If you dont care about live, and never use it, you can just disregard it.

This post has been edited by Anthares2k: Nov 23 2010, 12:09 PM

timbo241162

• Archived User
« Reply #74 on: November 23, 2010, 04:30:00 AM »

YOU ARE THE CONSOLE KING AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED,,I THOUGHT I COULDNT PLAY ALL THE NEW XMAS RELEASES THEN YOUR LINK WAS PASSED TO ME ..I FOLLOWED YOUR EXPLOIT STEP BY STEP AND "HEY PRESTO" ,IT WORKED LIKE A CHARM....ALL THE BIG XMAS RELEASES WILL BE ABLE TO BE PLAYED THANKS TO YOU AND YOUR PERSISTANCE
CHEERS FOR THE SEASON AND THANKS A BIGUN !!!!!
TIMBO241162
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26