xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26

Author Topic: Play Ap2.5 Games On Any Drive! (tested And Safe)  (Read 1569 times)

Anthares2k

• Archived User
Play Ap2.5 Games On Any Drive! (tested And Safe)
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2010, 05:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(pesaroso @ Nov 23 2010, 12:55 AM) *

Got a Hitachi (think it's v47), and really want to try this! I'm on the pre-Kinect dashboard.

Question though; As far as I understand, LT+ won't come for Hitachi.. What if I do this "workaround" to play AC:B, NFS etc, and -later- on, MS decides to include another patch within a game to bypass the bypass? Lol, kinda stupid sentence, but hope you get it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

In general; Should I be worried for future releases IF I decide to do this to my x360? Other ones feel the same as me? Or am I being paranoid, or something? As long as the Hitachi won't recieve LT+, I'm kinda worried..

Thanks for this tut, will sure check it out! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This whole process is quite legal. It's like, say, you popped in your console these tree games in this sequence. So you're not doing anything wrong.
The worst that can happen is that MS might pack some dash update in some future game and cover this exploit, so that you wont be able to play protected games (unless LT+ has come out for hitachi's too).
I mean... you've got nothing to lose; at the very least you enjoyed all the new games till MS pulls his head out of his behind and pack a new dash on a future game. Which can take quite a while. And still you can avoid that/those games.

PS arent Hitachi 47 immune to AP2.5 already?

This post has been edited by Anthares2k: Nov 23 2010, 01:05 AM

fayd

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2010, 05:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(Anthares2k @ Nov 22 2010, 05:45 PM) View Post

No, I dont think so. Others with spoofed drives had no problem. Also, Harry Potter has no AP2.5 protection, as well as this version of kinect dash.

Ok call me a dumb ass.  got it working.   I have a benq spoofed as a lite-on running i-xtreme 1.5.    Just updated it to lt 1.2.   But I hope a benq can be spoofed.  If not off to ebay I go to get a lite-on.  No biggie.  just a hassle.  But Well worth it.   Thanks for the help and thanks c4eva......

pesaroso

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2010, 05:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(Anthares2k @ Nov 23 2010, 01:03 AM) View Post

This whole process is quite legal. It's like, say, you popped in your console these tree games in this sequence. So you're not doing anything wrong.
The worst that can happen is that MS might patch some dash update in some future game and cover this exploit, so that you wont be able to play protected games (unless LT+ has come out for hitachi's too).
I mean... you've got nothing to lose; at the very least you enjoyed all the new games till MS pulls his head out of his behind and pack a new dash on a future game. Which can take quite a while. And still you can avoid that/those games.

Yeah, I agree! Thanks! smile.gif But I wasn't really that worried about the legal stuff, though. Was just kinda worried that I would "ruin" a chance to beat AP25 by doing this workaround - and MS finding out about it and include a patch which will flag my xbox offline in a later game release. If that made sense? It's late, so I'm not good in explaining, sorry :/

Regards for your answer, though! biggrin.gif

Jaimbo66

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2010, 05:08:00 PM »

Thanks for the info Anthares2k...sorry for the typo, i was trying to say older version of the dashboard (pre-kinect update)

Anthares2k

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2010, 05:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(pesaroso @ Nov 23 2010, 01:06 AM) View Post

Yeah, I agree! Thanks! smile.gif But I wasn't really that worried about the legal stuff, though. Was just kinda worried that I would "ruin" a chance to beat AP25 by doing this workaround - and MS finding out about it and include a patch which will flag my xbox offline in a later game release. If that made sense? It's late, so I'm not good in explaining, sorry :/

Regards for your answer, though! biggrin.gif

LOL No, you were quite clear. I just added the legal part for your and other people's benefit (you know, in case they think they can be flagged just for doing this).
As for the worry, it's understandable, but as anything in the modding world there's always a moment when some cannon fodder alerts the community of new patches and stuff. Just be positive and alert, and pray you're not gonna be one of those cannon fodders ehehehe
ehm.... hope that made sense too XD

QUOTE(Jaimbo66 @ Nov 23 2010, 01:08 AM) View Post

Thanks for the info Anthares2k...sorry for the typo, i was trying to say older version of the dashboard (pre-kinect update)

Then you're good to go with the exploit smile.gif

Crappyday

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2010, 05:16:00 PM »

So i started with a 9199 dash benq ixtreme 1.1 or 1.2 LT went through the three updates older games work but Need for Speed gave unreadable error now labels the game as mixed media. This is a offline xbox.

Anthares2k

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2010, 05:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(Crappyday @ Nov 23 2010, 01:16 AM) View Post

So i started with a 9199 dash benq ixtreme 1.1 or 1.2 LT went through the three updates older games work but Need for Speed gave unreadable error now labels the game as mixed media. This is a offline xbox.

Mmmh... try and check out the DVD with abgx for any possible error. This method has always worked.
You also must be sure that the console recognized and updated each and every time the dash.
Some time it might not recognize the flash drive and get the update. In which case it should be fed by CD or DVD.
You might try also with Fable 3 (if you've got a copy), just to see if the problem is in the DVD.

Crappyday

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2010, 05:28:00 PM »

It seemed to apply the update and restart machine 3 times any way to confirm by dash number? The look of dash is different.

I will check the iso and try again

Anthares2k

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2010, 05:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(Crappyday @ Nov 23 2010, 01:28 AM) View Post

It seemed to apply the update and restart machine 3 times any way to confirm by dash number? The look of dash is different.

I will check the iso and try again

Yes, I posted in the tut the dash number after each update.
If you dont know how to check it in your console, you have to go to System Setting---> infos.

Crappyday

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2010, 05:35:00 PM »

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
\\//\\//\\//\\//  _ |_  _ \ \/ /_  _  _  \\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\
//\\//\\//\\//\\ (_||_)(_|/ /\ \_||_ | | //\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//
------------------------_|------_||_||_|--v1.0.3-------[http://abgx360.net]----

Checking for updates to abgx360.dat...
     Server file abgx360.dat no newer than local file - not retrieving

C:\Users\Crappyday\Documents\Altbinz\Need.4.Speed.Hot.Pursuit.NTSC.XBOX360-COMPLEX\cpx-nfsh\cpx-nfsh.dvd is valid

Checking Game
     ISO: "C:\Users\Crappyday\Documents\Altbinz\Need.4.Speed.Hot.Pursuit.NTSC.XBOX360-COMPLEX\cpx-nfsh\cpx-nfsh.iso"
     Size: 7838695424 bytes (SplitVid 3rd or 4th wave)
     Files in ISO: 18553, Folders in ISO: 45
     Total bytes used: 7005726301 (95.99%)
Game appears to have random padding

Checking default.xex
     Module Flags:          Title Module
     Image Flags:           XGD2 Media Only
                            64 KB Pages
     System Flags:          Uses Game Voice Channel
                            Accesses Personally Identifiable Information (PII)
                            AntiPiracy25 Media
     Original PE Filename:  AlaskaLauncher_X360_External_Unity.exe
     Original PE Timestamp: 2010/10/13 16:00:44
     Game Name:             NFS Hot Pursuit
     No Avatar Awards
     Achievements:          50 Achievements totaling 1000 Gamerscore
     XEX CRC = BBABA5E5
     XEX Media ID: 134F0FC0795DB40DACC8C0A7-B132B42D

Region Code: 0x0000FDFF
     NTSC/J (Excludes China)
     NTSC/U

Checking SS
     Timestamp of Authoring: 2010/10/21 00:00:00
     Timestamp of Mastering: 2010/10/26 21:11:37
     SS Version: 1
     SS CRC = 8C4B8F87 (RawSS = 71876E0C)
     SS Media ID: 134F0FC0795DB40DACC8C0A7-B132B42D (matches game)
SS looks valid

Checking DMI
     Timestamp of Authoring: 2010/10/21 00:00:00 (matches SS)
     DMI CRC = BA6DC26B
     DMI Media ID: 134F0FC0795DB40DACC8C0A7-B132B42D (matches game)
DMI looks valid

Checking PFI
     PFI CRC = 0441D6A5
PFI matches known data (8th - 9th Wave)

Video partition found
     Video CRC = 77B53B72 (V0 = B4791503, V1 = C14810E2)
Video partition matches known data (9th Wave)

Basic Stealth check passed!

Starting Verification
     Looking for 8C4B8F87BBABA5E5.ini in the online verified database
     There is no verified rip of this Xex/SS combination in the online database
Failed to find a verified ini file for this Xex/SS combination
Attempting to at least verify the PFI, Video and game data
     Looking for Xex_BBABA5E5.ini in the online verified database
     There is no verified rip of Xex CRC BBABA5E5 in the online database
Failed to find a verified ini file for this Xex
Verification failed

Comparing L1 Video on L0 to L1 Video on L1...
SplitVid is valid

Anthares2k

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2010, 05:40:00 PM »

It appears roughly ok, although it's not verified, and it's not stealth. Maybe you should let it check for anyDVD corruption.

If you've got a Fable 3 laying around, that you know worked, try to play that one.

This post has been edited by Anthares2k: Nov 23 2010, 01:41 AM

Crappyday

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2010, 05:46:00 PM »

not sure if the 3rd update changes the dash number but i am on dash 2.0.12416.0 Fabel 3 worked in my unit before any dash updates.

Also when i try to run ABGX on the NFS burned disk just says error reading dvd but i though only certian dvd drives would read game disks

This post has been edited by Crappyday: Nov 23 2010, 01:49 AM

Anthares2k

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2010, 05:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(Crappyday @ Nov 23 2010, 01:46 AM) View Post

not sure if the 3rd update changes the dash number but i am on dash 2.0.12416.0 Fabel 3 worked in my unit before any dash updates.

Also when i try to run ABGX on the NFS burned disk just says error reading dvd but i though only certian dvd drives would read game disks

No it should read it fine. Cause it's a copy, not an original disk. So we found the problem. Error reading the DVD...
As for fable 3 it works only with the old dash, but since it's an AP2.5 game, it wont work on a new dash. So if you play it and it works, it means you are fooling the protection, this process was successful, and you're good to go.
It's that simple smile.gif

Exobex

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2010, 07:10:00 PM »

Excellent work.  I just updated my machine by putting the updates on 4 CDRs.

Something worth mentioning: the 360 will recognise one of these update CDs as a "mixed mode" disc and won't play it.  That's fine, just restart the 360 with the update disc in the drive, it'll run.

Also, the correct way to burn the discs is to open up the ZIP/RAR files and drop the $SystemUpdate folder onto a disc.  If correctly burned, when you put it in a PC or Mac you'll just see that one folder on there, with all its goodies tucked away inside.  Don't just burn the zip/rar file, and don't just burn the contents of the $SystemUpdate folder.
MS have step-by-step instructions here.

Crappyday

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2010, 07:12:00 PM »

fable 3 is qorking on new dash so i guess i will try to burn another copy
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 26