xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Virtual Xbox Cd Ripper Beta  (Read 1395 times)

BlueCELL

• Archived User
Virtual Xbox Cd Ripper Beta
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2004, 10:51:00 AM »

Hammer,

You have any songs in your Xbox Already? if so try delete them.  But if you upload and before you go to your Xbox BE SURE to press the "Close" button on the Top Toolbar to upload the new St.db file

Lemme know if this is the problem

BlueCELL

Allen Poe

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2004, 11:21:00 AM »

QUOTE (mlapaglia @ Apr 9 2004, 01:18 PM)
when i try to upload songs i can get like 4 or 5 done, but i have to upload them to a folder thats already there (aka a cd i ripped from xbox) and after that 4 or 5 it gives me an error saying something like "this is an error: might be beta version" and then freezes. cant wait to see this program to get good though, im gonna love it with me 1,504 songs i got on my computer lol

i have the same problem. i'd upload some songs, then one would freeze, so i'd close the program. when i open it back up, the songs i uploaded would not be there. what i did after that was re-up the songs i wanted, and I'd click the "close" button, then reconnect. that seemed to finalize and save what i was doing. i do that after every couple uploads. its tedious, but i'd hate to up a whole bunch of songs only to have to do them over again

BlueCELL

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2004, 11:50:00 AM »

Hey,

Sorry, this is a math miscaculation, again sorry, I will fix in next release!

BlueCELL

[email protected]

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2004, 01:16:00 PM »

I was unable to connect to my xbox, the ip is right, and the connect window just sorta hangs there and doesnt do anything when i connect.

i am using avalaunch v0.48.70

therockguy

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2004, 02:47:00 PM »

smile.gif

BlueCELL

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2004, 03:33:00 PM »

Yea, I can add sort if you'd like

BlueCELL

Slomer

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2004, 07:00:00 PM »

This is more Alpha than Beta.  Not all of your features are implemented yet.  Regardless though... I like the app for what I can get to work so I am submitting some things that I think may help.

Crash Bug:   If you select a lot of mixed files and choose tp upload (I had maybe 50 selected)  it crashes to desktop without error.

Small bug:  If you select one song then hit upload.. then while that song is uploading check another song it will immediately start processing the second song after the first one finishes even though you never chose to upload it.  While sometimes this is actually nice if what your trying to do is select songs for a new soundtrack your going to make it is a pain.

Crash Bug:  I uploaded a file, then checked another song while it was working on first one.  After it moved onto second one it then processed it.. and after finishing crashed to desktop.  Unfortunately every time it crashes even after transfering files finishes the songs do not show up because I never got the chance to hit close to update the .db file.

Feature suggestion:  Select all/invert selection buttons.

Feature suggestion:  intelligent bitrate conversion option/manual bitrate option.  For the manual one allow people to select the quality of the file your app onverts to.  For the intelligent bitrate conversion one, check current bitrate of mp3 and use similar settings for the converted files.

Feature Suggestion:  Allow the GUI to be maximized and allow the individual window panes to be adjusted in size like every other windows app.  Some of us have really long directory structures.

Small Suggestion:  Add a clickable html link to your web page in the about screen.

Feature suggestion:  Once you have your virtual drive working (or even before that) it would be nice ot have a right lick option in the windows shell on sound files that allows transfering directly from shell.  Would be as follows:  Right click mp3 file.. choose soxbox sountrack option: then a list of current soundtracks on default xbox to click on.   Then your app would process the file hidden in the background and then close itself, of course reporting any errors that occur.

From looking at your currently non working options screen I think your app has a lot of potential and I appreciate your work on it.

thetruethugg

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2004, 07:12:00 AM »

I'm having the same problem as a few other people, the app says it's converting and transfering, but the tracks are nowhere to be found.  I was running MXM 0.9o (WIP for the leet beta testers), on a v1.0 xbox.  Didn't have any of the run time errors or random crashes though, app ran fine just didn't do what it said.

BlueCELL

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2004, 11:22:00 AM »

Hey,

Slomer, Thanks for all the bugs that you have found, I'll fix them ASAP!!

truthlesshero, Once I get the Bugs out of the AddSongs function then VXCR should have a problem upload songs to existing SoundTracks.

Anyway, I have already fixed a couple of bugs! I will release another Beta whenever I get more fixed.

Thanks for All the Support Everyone!!

BlueCELL

heinrich

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2004, 10:10:00 AM »

QUOTE (miguelfp1 @ Apr 9 2004, 08:32 AM)
BlueCELL, the ST.db is really limited to 50000 songs (100 soundtracks and 500 songs per soundtrack). What really limits you is the size of the E partition. Great program BTW!!!

I am fairly certain that this can be changed in the bios (the location for the music, not too sure about the limits for songs/soundtracks), along with locations for game saves, but is a different topic for another thread in another forum. wink.gif

Yuyu

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2004, 07:06:00 PM »

QUOTE (BlueCELL @ Apr 9 2004, 12:07 PM)
PS. I need someone w/ skills to make me a kickass website smile.gif smile.gif

I can help you... Lemme know what you want done, or if you still need help and I'll get back to you ASAP...

EDIT: Forgot my feature suggestion... Have your code automatically upload a new st.db file everytime a new soundtrack is added or connection is closed or if the program is closed by other means than the close button or after a song/songs are uploaded to the box.... Not sure, but what if somone fotgets to hit the close button ? Their songs are on there but, no new st.db file ? That could mean problems...

Magimog

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2004, 11:35:00 PM »

blink.gif

much thanks for this program, i was reusing the same 3 cdrws to transfer music and then my burner tray snapped completely off in a freak accident laugh.gif this program is awesome!

Yuyu

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2004, 07:06:00 AM »

QUOTE (heinrich @ Apr 11 2004, 02:10 PM)
I am fairly certain that this can be changed in the bios (the location for the music, not too sure about the limits for songs/soundtracks), along with locations for game saves, but is a different topic for another thread in another forum. wink.gif

Yes this is a topic for another thread but just to clarify, it is possible with BIOS editing... You can also use a program (forgot which one) to patch the default.xbe's of your games to look for the music in another location, so that the in-game music is read from another locaion other than the Xbox' default place for storing music...

BlueCELL

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2004, 11:59:00 AM »

smile.gif

BlueCELL

BlueCELL

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2004, 03:54:00 PM »

Thanks

BlueCELL