xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: R6t3 Removed But Boots Nxe 8955 Fine?  (Read 44 times)

thwack

• Archived User
R6t3 Removed But Boots Nxe 8955 Fine?
« on: January 08, 2010, 05:17:00 AM »

EFuses are already blown so it'll boot as normal, the error only occurred (as far as I know) when you tried to update the kernel without the resistor already present....

Good username btw smile.gif

niai

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 06:31:00 AM »

that is/was true but when NXE was released it checks at start up every time see if the fuse is there i thought
now this may have changed with the burning of the 2nd row of efuses i dont know why it would have though

but if you are running xbreboot/freeboot then it makes sens as it is running virtual efuses

niai

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 07:36:00 AM »

i know if the resistor is there an d blows the fuses and they match whats on the nand it will run
but when NXE come out it looks to see if the resistor is there
it was a new feature that wasnt in any other dashboard (the blades) so if you up date to it and its running fine then remove it the dash will not run as it looks on start up
 this could be wrong though as a lot of people seem to talk about this when they have no idea and then others will pass it on as thats what they have learnt

so i could be wrong not saying i am 100% right but if what i am saying is true then why would burning the 2nd row of efuses make the NXE run with out the r6t3 in place

craz3d

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 07:52:00 AM »

It isn't that NXE checks for the resistor, it checks for the eFuses being blown.  If 8955 has been installed, but the eFuses have not been blown, and the resistor is not in place, you will E80.  If 8955 is installed, the eFuses have been blown, and there is no resistor, it will boot.

I think in the case of the OP, he had already installed NXE, blown his eFuses because the resistor was in place, and then he removed R6T3.  Because the eFuses were already blown, his dash sucesfully booted.