xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: My Lpt Cable Schematic  (Read 28 times)

Joeycasz

• Archived User
My Lpt Cable Schematic
« on: December 16, 2009, 11:53:00 AM »

I noticed some people were having issues reading the nand only to later find out that it was a mistake in where to solder the cables. Even though we're all greatful to the excellent diagrams made to teach us all on how to do this i made one of my own. I use ethernet cable as i find it's easier and a lot quicker to color code the install. This is especially good if you use the same cable over and over like i do. I'm usually done in about 5-10 minutes with my soldering as i'm just simply matching color from my photo to color on the board.

I personally don't use the 100 ohm resitors as it NEVER works for me. If it works for you then great. Also remember to not put resistors on pins 11 and 18. I ALWAYS put the switching diode (1N914 or 1N4153) at the motherboard. Another thing i've learned for myself is that setting LPT in the bios to bi-directional solved ALL my read issues. It would always read but have differences. Since i put Bi-Directional i've ripped the NAND as many as 6 times in a row and they're always identical. I always check them in Total Commander.

Hope everyone can get some good use out of this. Enjoy!

(IMG:http://www.moviesucktastic.com/fear/nand_schematic.jpg)

sabbath_dude

• Archived User
My Lpt Cable Schematic
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 12:43:00 PM »

It would have been nice if you'd at least asked permission before using my photos, nevermind calling them your own  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) .

Joeycasz

• Archived User
My Lpt Cable Schematic
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 01:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(sabbath_dude @ Dec 16 2009, 02:43 PM) *

It would have been nice if you'd at least asked permission before using my photos, nevermind calling them your own  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) .

Hey, sorry about that. I gave you proper credit. if it's still a problem i'll gladly take it down and use my own photos. Never intended into making people think i came up with the idea. Just trying to make it a little easier for people.

QUOTE(sabbath_dude @ Dec 16 2009, 02:43 PM) *

And you're right, i should have said "the photo" not "my photo". I truly wasn't even thinking of it that way.

sabbath_dude

• Archived User
My Lpt Cable Schematic
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 02:43:00 PM »

It's ok, I'm all for people using my pics to create tuts or guides etc to help others. It's just kinda rude not to ask first, alter them and not give any credit (I'm not so fussed about getting credit). But no harm done  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) . Btw I didn't come up with the idea to use a cat5 cable either. There were several people using that method before I decided to draw up a tut/diagram and take the photos.

Joeycasz

• Archived User
My Lpt Cable Schematic
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 03:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(sabbath_dude @ Dec 16 2009, 04:43 PM) *

It's ok, I'm all for people using my pics to create tuts or guides etc to help others. It's just kinda rude not to ask first, alter them and not give any credit (I'm not so fussed about getting credit). But no harm done  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) . Btw I didn't come up with the idea to use a cat5 cable either. There were several people using that method before I decided to draw up a tut/diagram and take the photos.

Cat 5 is versatile stuff man. I've even made hi-def component cables out of it.

Build VGA, Component, SVIDEO over Ethernet

Again, sorry about the mix up.