xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: Discuss: Is Nonstealth 1.4 Safe W/verified Discs  (Read 1548 times)

360beast

• Archived User
Discuss: Is Nonstealth 1.4 Safe W/verified Discs
« Reply #195 on: December 25, 2009, 09:58:00 AM »

QUOTE(evolution2147 @ Dec 25 2009, 11:12 AM) View Post

or they just dont want to listen to everyone bitch when everyone eventually gets banned, which is completely understandable since everyone blames them for everything.

hows that a reason for postponing it? if they didnt want to hear ppl bitch theyd cancel it....no mattr how long its put off, there will always be ppl will bitch when they get banned

evolution2147

• Archived User
« Reply #196 on: December 25, 2009, 12:35:00 PM »

it says "delayed until further notice!" It doesn't sound like they will be releasing it anytime soon, if ever. don't really care either way cause this firmware has held up fine for me so far.

mitch04

• Archived User
« Reply #197 on: December 27, 2009, 06:24:00 PM »

Hows everyone been going still going hard on live??

No bans yet?

Lite touch is going to be a while I reckon.

360beast

• Archived User
« Reply #198 on: December 27, 2009, 07:17:00 PM »

whast diff from 1.4 and 1.41? and do both play all waves

mitch04

• Archived User
« Reply #199 on: December 28, 2009, 02:10:00 AM »

is everyone using for benq v 1.4 rev 2? or are some using rev 5 ? whats the difference?

Thanks

360beast

• Archived User
« Reply #200 on: December 28, 2009, 03:06:00 PM »

had someone flash with this. not sure if it was 1.41 or 1.4, told him to us enonstealth, not sure if he did. he said it was instabanned when connected to live

catchthabeat

• Archived User
« Reply #201 on: December 28, 2009, 10:53:00 PM »

Hey guys, I read this whole post and just wanted to say I love the idea! Keep it up! Also, I flashed a BenQ a few days ago with the SS 1.41 rev 3 release. It has never been flashed before, e74 for some time, and I did it after completely updating it. Also from day one all of my backups have splitvid and are never played unless fully green in abgx.

Capital J

• Archived User
« Reply #202 on: December 29, 2009, 04:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(360beast @ Dec 29 2009, 09:44 AM) View Post

so it wasnt banned? mayeb i should try to et my seller to use this. they said th eold 1.4/1.41 got instabanned...

His console was probably flagged. If he flashed from stock fw I seriously doubt he would get instabanned. It would take a day or two atleast. He had to have been flagged.

catchthabeat

• Archived User
« Reply #203 on: December 29, 2009, 09:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(Capital J @ Dec 29 2009, 06:31 PM) View Post

His console was probably flagged. If he flashed from stock fw I seriously doubt he would get instabanned. It would take a day or two atleast. He had to have been flagged.

flagged, no not at the moment at least. Used Xval and MS website and can still register a repair.

360beast

• Archived User
« Reply #204 on: December 30, 2009, 06:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(novella @ Dec 30 2009, 04:53 AM) View Post

Flashed from stock to Ixtreme 1.41 non stealth rev 2 16 days ago. Still going strong.

gettin one soon with this... seller updates on live with stock, then flashed, then tested live again, no ban...

still scared of live...dont want my HD crippled as im gonna share 1 between my stock and the modded. i can just get offline games fo rit, but may need at least updates for sports games.... unless i download 3rd party updates for sites....

if i only connect to live to update certain games will that make any difference on ban/flag chance?

also this plays all waves, etc right

360beast

• Archived User
« Reply #205 on: December 30, 2009, 08:00:00 PM »

so can the dashboar dspeed error in rev 2 cause a flag? or is it just liek an annoying thing

AllSewnUp

• Archived User
« Reply #206 on: December 31, 2009, 04:50:00 AM »

My cousin's console had been modded with ixtreme 1.6 (samsung drive), but had NEVER logged onto live PERIOD and used an offline account the whole time.

He gave it to me (I gave him a banned one since he never goes on live anyways) and I played verified burnt games on my live account, but it still had never even been hooked up with an ethernet cord during the whole ban wave.

7 days ago I flashed back to original firmware, got on live and updated with the latest updates.  Then I flashed it with Xtreme 5.3a and have been playing verified games on live since with no bans so far.

This is with SplitVid on all the verified games.

This really might not mean anything.  It might mean I just haven't been flagged yet or that I have been and the ban wave is over for now and will pick up later, but we do know that SplitVid is needed and that stealth checks were an issue.  Until iXtreme LT is released (if it ever is) it is safe to assume that Samsung Xtreme 5.3a and BenQ 1.41 v2 (or v3-4) is the safest to play on live.

With that said nothing is ever 100% safe and I doubt this is even 30% safe.  But it is the best bet right now.

Everyone with BenQ 1.41 v2 or Samsung Xtreme 5.3a keep us updated or let us know if you have been banned and please be as specific as possible about your gaming habits and abgx360 verification settings.

farntheplaya

• Archived User
« Reply #207 on: December 31, 2009, 11:07:00 AM »

dont really know if this means anything.

i had a RROD never opened console that i fixed and modded the samsung drive with ix 1.61

its been on live since NOV 3 with modern warefare 2.

still working strong on live.

ive only played mw2 and ac2 on this xbox just to keep it from playing a bad game.

so how can you tell if your SS firmware is working if I have the same results with the ix firmware?

AllSewnUp

• Archived User
« Reply #208 on: December 31, 2009, 05:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(farntheplaya @ Dec 31 2009, 12:07 PM) View Post

so how can you tell if your SS firmware is working if I have the same results with the ix firmware?

ANSWER:  We really can't know for sure.  My little cousins play games (for over a year now) before they come out, nonstealth, etc. and they haven't been banned yet either.  Some people just get lucky for some reason or Microsoft's detection system is at least somewhat flawed in some minor way.

No one is saying non-stealth firmware is completely safe.  But since we do know that splitvid and stealth-checking were at least in part reason for the detection common sense would dictate that having splitvid and not having stealth check would be less detectable.  

This is just a hopeful stop-gap until LT is released (if it ever is) and even then bans will happen.

Just want to throw in another thanks to c4eva and Team Jungle.....keep up the good work.  Beat Microsoft at their own game.

360beast

• Archived User
« Reply #209 on: January 01, 2010, 11:31:00 AM »

so would this be bette rto use, or the SS version?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15