xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Xdsl V0.3  (Read 223 times)

Keo-Keo

• Archived User
Xdsl V0.3
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2005, 10:45:00 PM »

you may re-edit within 15 min's.. Ahh well glade that fixed it.. Perhaps we should add checksums? Anythoughts friedgold?

R1CK13

• Archived User
Xdsl V0.3
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2005, 08:13:00 AM »

It freezes for me after displaying my Dvd Drive Info, it happens from running off the CD and a FTP install, have i done somthing wrong?  unsure.gif

big_xbox_n00bie

• Archived User
Xdsl V0.3
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2005, 09:22:00 AM »

friedgold meet me on MSN ASAP or around 8pm uk time, i have a lot of things to discuss with you.

-BxN

TheDreamState

• Archived User
Xdsl V0.3
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2005, 12:40:00 PM »

is there anyway to simply 'update' my current xdsl, or is it necissary that i wipe my xbox of everything linux and start from scratch?

thx.

Joshua Wood

• Archived User
Xdsl V0.3
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2005, 08:57:00 PM »

I've tried 2 loopback installs now, via ftp. I changed the file setup so it was like the older version to allow it to boot a frugal boot via the hdd, choose loopback install and followed the menu same as last version. All old files were either moved elsewhere or renamed.

Done ok, at boot I get error about ird-loop.gz not mounted or something, like others have had.

Checking it out, E:\KNOPPIX\ird-loop.gz is NOT existing. I also firstly noticed that the linuxboot.cfg file was NOT updated to incorporate the loopback install choice. I had to correct this otherwise I wouldn't have been able to try and boot it this way in the first place. So there were those 2 errors I noticed. Both loopback install attempts had this problems.

I can fix the linuxboot.cfg no worries, but I'm wondering if the E:\KNOPPIX\ird-loop.gz file that is supposed to be created is in anyway different from the previous version's? Since I tried just use the old verison, and then 0.3 will boot ok. But I"m not sure if I'll run into issues later....

1 thing I did quickly notice was that /dev/sda1 for my camera didn't seem to be working with 0.3. (Block device not present), whereas it does work straight off with the older version.

Keo-Keo

• Archived User
Xdsl V0.3
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2005, 10:02:00 PM »

I'm wondering if E is having rw issues as seen in previous ver's .21..  Are you getting anytype of errors when your doing the loopback? If you not sure try this.. Before you do the loopback install type mountrw (or remountrw) then choose hda50 or hda55 (depends on what partition your installing XDSL too) Seems to me that when XDSL is generating the files needed it's getting denined access.. I might be jumping to concluesions though..

R1CK13

• Archived User
Xdsl V0.3
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2005, 10:10:00 AM »

QUOTE(R1CK13 @ Aug 28 2005, 03:24 PM)
It freezes for me after displaying my Dvd Drive Info, it happens from running off the CD and a FTP install, have i done somthing wrong?  unsure.gif

Serebrus

• Archived User
Xdsl V0.3
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2005, 02:39:00 PM »

I cannot write to any drive except C (hda51) and the cache drives either. That means E (hda50) and F (hda55) I cannot write to at all

It's not a substantial problem, but I'm hoping someone has a solution, as mountrw does not work :/

Dai_UK

• Archived User
Xdsl V0.3
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2005, 03:57:00 PM »

smile.gif

DSL on pc rocks, xbox version is awesome too!

I've been running the pc version for a while and have configured it to run gtk2 and firefox the updated .uci version as it takes less ram.

anyone tried this on the xbox version ? I can't seem to get the gtk2 to run ?

I've  done a frugal install, and set a 128mb swap file ???

also the cd version wouldn't boot for me, it got to the xromwell screen then asked me to insert the cd when I tried - so I just copied it all to e:\

Thanks in advance

PS I've asked if anyone would make a .dsl of xlink for the pc version, imagine a live CD xlink router :-) yeah would be cool wouldn't it  beerchug.gif

Dai_UK

• Archived User
Xdsl V0.3
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2005, 04:46:00 PM »

tongue.gif

Got the gtk1.2 firefox UCI mentionned and it works a treat :-) this was posted from it !!

Can I ask how I get the flash plugin to work ? I got the flash plugin down for the 0.9 firefox but as this one uses a different directory in /opt I either need to get 1.6 to also check the old plugin dir or find out how to copy the file into the 1.6 firefox_plugins dir which says it's read only even when I'm root :-( any ideas ??

friedgold

• Archived User
Xdsl V0.3
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2005, 09:34:00 AM »

QUOTE(Joshua Wood @ Sep 1 2005, 05:08 AM)
I've tried 2 loopback installs now, via ftp. I changed the file setup so it was like the older version to allow it to boot a frugal boot via the hdd, choose loopback install and followed the menu same as last version. All old files were either moved elsewhere or renamed.

friedgold

• Archived User
Xdsl V0.3
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2005, 09:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(Dai_UK @ Sep 4 2005, 12:08 AM)
smile.gif

DjSnake86

• Archived User
Xdsl V0.3
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2005, 04:02:00 PM »

Hi everybody!
I just want to ask, if a get a wireless keyboard and a wireless Mouse with one USB wireless receiver included in tha package, will it work on X-DSL?

thank you smile.gif

Keo-Keo

• Archived User
Xdsl V0.3
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2005, 09:33:00 PM »

Yes it should work but you'll prolly have to get the drives for it.. I doubt standerd drivers will work but i might be mistaken!!

Goodnews to all you XDSL fans out there.. I just bought a ETT--Philips 7130 TV TURNER Video Capture PCI Card -- Retail Box .. This will serve a dual purpose 1 will be to provide some video tutorial's to easily get your stuff working 2 will be to get programs like freevo working in XDSL.. Oh yea.. It's comeing ;-)

chimpanzee

• Archived User
Xdsl V0.3
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2005, 09:47:00 PM »

how can you use a PCI card with Xbox ? Or I have misunderstood what you want to do ?

Pages: 1 [2] 3