xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Blaster 360 Mod Chip  (Read 45 times)

Punux

• Archived User
Blaster 360 Mod Chip
« on: September 02, 2007, 02:10:00 AM »

yes you'll still have to flash the firmware yourself, you can do it using the blaster360, but the blaster360 will not flash the firmware automatically after installing.

binz316

• Archived User
Blaster 360 Mod Chip
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 11:46:00 AM »

yes, it keeps you from opening your 360 everytime you want to flash your fw

stone0420

• Archived User
Blaster 360 Mod Chip
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 04:51:00 PM »

with the blaster 360 do i have to worry about being banned from xbox live, or does it have an on off switch, as long as i don't log on to live with a backup in my drive i don't think i have to worry about being banned, is that right?

does anybody have a blaster 360 and is it really worth buying one?

novak2k7

• Archived User
Blaster 360 Mod Chip
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 12:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(stone0420 @ Sep 3 2007, 12:27 AM) View Post

with the blaster 360 do i have to worry about being banned from xbox live, or does it have an on off switch, as long as i don't log on to live with a backup in my drive i don't think i have to worry about being banned, is that right?

does anybody have a blaster 360 and is it really worth buying one?

The blaster 360 is not a mod chip so you can't get banned from that. It's just a unit to reroute dvd/power wires to a chip so you power and flash the dvd. It's the fw altering connected to live that can get banned.
ANY fw mod has a risk of live banning as long as you're connected with ethernet cable. It's just a matter of time when MS can detect the fw and ban the console. I've kept my console offline since mod was done six months ago and just use another 360 for live.

I installed the blaster 360 with no probs. I haven't tested it though because when I initially did the mod it was when the unit was open so I just did dvd to computer connection. I never updated my fw (since the system isn't on live, didn't need to) so I haven't tested reflash to a newer fw with just blaster. I'm still using extreme53 because it still works for me via offline.

I do know it's probably very simple though and would say it's worth it. I flip a switch, light turns blue on 360, and then I can flash. Flip switch back to green and system is back to normal. Saves at least 1hr of labor to open and seal the 360 especially if you haven't done it many times.

I'll end up doing the xclamp fix since my 360 is getting 3 reds before i'll ever do a fw upgrade

stone0420

• Archived User
Blaster 360 Mod Chip
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 05:32:00 PM »

what is an xclamp? does anyone recomend a specific mod chip that i can turn off so m$ does not detect any mods to my 360 and ban me from xlive? i want to play my backups offline but i still want to have the option to play my originals on xlive. please help, thanks

and what does three reds mean?