xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 30

Author Topic: Xbox Homebrew and Larger HD on Xbox 360 - Is it possible?  (Read 3396 times)

speedy_g

• Archived User
Xbox Homebrew and Larger HD on Xbox 360 - Is it possible?
« Reply #90 on: June 27, 2006, 02:00:00 PM »

I must say the news today compared to the good old times in xbox-scene are pretty musch tabloid like nowadays, anything that can get people's attention will be published...

" anonymous, but trusted, source ..."

There's no such thing... if you wanna be anonymous you'd like to specific what you have done, so that
people will take you seriously.

As mentioned above, this has nothing to do with xbox 360, but why not make it clear that
it is for first generation xbox? 15 minutes of fame perhaps?

Do you know why most of the modding action is happening on a another "respected site" now?
Because xbox-scene forum is like a pen pall swapping site with no audition, we're teens hang out.

I wrote this not because i want to whine, but because I feel saad that once good atmosphere for enthusiast has
vanished like ash in the wind.

Hope this kind of pictures without any content don't get publised in future.

ps. either someone has just learned to use photoshop or has made it for xbox 1 as mentioned before.

blaziantiger

• Archived User
« Reply #91 on: June 27, 2006, 02:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(digitalhigh @ Jun 27 2006, 08:04 PM) View Post

Dude...I'm torn.

My heart says "Yaaay, DEVIL360 IS REAL!!"

But my brain says "Yeah, I could make those in photoshop in about thirty seconds."
I'd like to see more ss's of this, with the other parts of the xbox-guide.  Show me browsing through achievements with 007 hilighted on the Surreal X screen.  Then I'll be a little bit more of a believer.

i agree

jamie123

• Archived User
« Reply #92 on: June 27, 2006, 02:02:00 PM »

if that didn't say "from a trusted source" i would have thought it was fake, but that seems really awesome, i can't wait biggrin.gif

and someone said about remaining anonymous..i don't think he remained anonymous to x-scene, otherwise they would not have posted it..but probably wanted to remain anonymous to the public

the joker

• Archived User
« Reply #93 on: June 27, 2006, 02:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(CreziB @ Jun 27 2006, 10:00 PM) View Post
The past few months, I feel like a pawn in some xbox-scene consumer advertising/hype scheme.
WTF?  Just get to the point.

if this was advertising, wouldn't it have some names attached to it in order to gain something on it ?

Staple

• Archived User
« Reply #94 on: June 27, 2006, 02:04:00 PM »

i can confirm if you have a wired controller plugged in and goto the shutdown menu this is what it looks like:

IPB Image

i still dont see the shading under the 451 gigs free thou there is white shading i tried it on all my tvs an my lcd and i dont see the white shading under the numbers almost like a shadow effect in the picture there.

whereisevox

• Archived User
« Reply #95 on: June 27, 2006, 02:04:00 PM »

IPB Image

i got xbmc booted on my 360...i erased the original m$ dash and put xbmc on here

YEA RIGHT what the fuck are you guys stupid all he did was open a picture on the 360...

feflicker

• Archived User
« Reply #96 on: June 27, 2006, 02:07:00 PM »

Of course the source is only anonymous to the public, not to X-S. That is how they are both "anonymous", and "trusted".

Why would Xanta post anything if he thought for 1 second it was fake. It would be so easy to fake this, he HAS to have a good reason for trusting it.  wink.gif

fezzman

• Archived User
« Reply #97 on: June 27, 2006, 02:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(The Juggler @ Jun 27 2006, 08:33 PM) View Post

It just seems to easy to Fake.
Can't you also view pictures on your TV from the 360? So, couldn't you be viewing a picture of the Avalaunch Menu and then access the shutdown command?  Wouldn't that give you the exact same screen as shown?

That is EXACTLY what I was thinking.  Either they are viewing a screenshot from an Xbox on the 360, or they actually saved it as the background.  Then just pulled up the shutdown menu.  This way the pics actually aren't photoshopped and would appear authentic.

I'm not at my 360 but when the shutdown menu is selected, does it eliminate the text options from the main screen?  I'd like to try to replicate that using a screen from Ava.  It still doesn't explain the picture showing the hdd space though.

Staple

• Archived User
« Reply #98 on: June 27, 2006, 02:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(feflicker @ Jun 27 2006, 04:14 PM) View Post

Of course the source is only anonymous to the public, not to X-S. That is how they are both "anonymous", and "trusted".

Why would Xanta post anything if he thought for 1 second it was fake. It would be so easy to fake this, he HAS to have a good reason for trusting it.  wink.gif

i sure hope so xboxscenes credability is on the line

kev4e15

• Archived User
« Reply #99 on: June 27, 2006, 02:12:00 PM »

In my opinion, teh second screenshot deoesn't look very legit to me. The black border is not even throughtout the left side. Seems like an easy photoshop job to me.

theoatmealguy

• Archived User
« Reply #100 on: June 27, 2006, 02:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(The Juggler @ Jun 27 2006, 12:33 PM) View Post

It just seems to easy to Fake.
Can't you also view pictures on your TV from the 360? So, couldn't you be viewing a picture of the Avalaunch Menu and then access the shutdown command?  Wouldn't that give you the exact same screen as shown?

'The Juggler'  that was  a good point you made so i went to go do it
look guys i hack my 360

IPB Image
but im gonna say its real and lets hope its real
ps-i dont have the best dazzle in the world so dont talk about me lol

feflicker

• Archived User
« Reply #101 on: June 27, 2006, 02:13:00 PM »

i sure hope so xboxscenes credability is on the line

I agree with you. If this turns out to be B.S., this might be the last straw for me beleiving anything posted here thesedays.  unsure.gif

ModdingManiac

• Archived User
« Reply #102 on: June 27, 2006, 02:13:00 PM »

What's more frustrating is that none of the X-scene head moderators/admins say anything about it.  They just want the hype I guess.  The whole Devil 360 thing passed by an no comment was made by them.

Dawg605

• Archived User
« Reply #103 on: June 27, 2006, 02:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(feflicker @ Jun 27 2006, 04:20 PM) View Post

I agree with you. If this turns out to be B.S., this might be the last straw for me beleiving anything posted here thesedays.  unsure.gif

Same here. This is so fake it's not even funny.

CreziB

• Archived User
« Reply #104 on: June 27, 2006, 02:16:00 PM »

Joker, I know what you mean, I should have worded it differently, but I'm just agreeing with these posters saying that the xbox-scene home page is like reading the national enquirer at the grocery stand.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 30