xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 30

Author Topic: Xbox Homebrew and Larger HD on Xbox 360 - Is it possible?  (Read 3381 times)

Chosen1

• Archived User
Xbox Homebrew and Larger HD on Xbox 360 - Is it possible?
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2006, 01:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(The Juggler @ Jun 27 2006, 03:33 PM) View Post

Can't you also view pictures on your TV from the 360? So, couldn't you be viewing a picture of the Avalaunch Menu and then access the shutdown command?  Wouldn't that give you the exact same screen as shown?

You certainly can view pics from your pc on the screen, then access the shutdown menu.  That sounds like a winner to me.

-Chosen1™

gerzand

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2006, 01:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(Guerrilla @ Jun 27 2006, 07:10 PM) View Post

bigger hd? probably! over 450GB 2,5"HDD? absolutely impossible! why does x-s post such obvious fakes? come on, you cant just compile xbox code to 360, so why in hell should there be an exact copy of the xbox avalaunch, and surreal64? quit playin with our feelings and dont post devil360/other homebrew shit without even giving us any reason to believe...

Who said it had to be a 2.5''. Duh... um... SATA is universal! 3.5'' perhaps?  laugh.gif  Their power source for +12v and +5v for example could come from somewhere else or the 360's own power supply off the motherboard  muhaha.gif

sabbath_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2006, 01:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(dts51 @ Jun 27 2006, 08:33 PM) View Post

i think blackbolt has incorparated all the 3rd party programs. so you can browse roms without leaving xbmc. and then added a new page for hard drive info.

That sounds more likely!. That would explain the "Xbox Homebrew and Larger HD on Xbox 360 - Is it possible?" headline. If they knew it was possible and from a "trusted" source then they would say so wright?.

yosuckamoefoe

• Archived User
« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2006, 01:32:00 PM »

Well, if you pull the "who"one into photoshop, blow it up to about 1200% look closely at the blade and how it interacts with the background...The space between the game icons is dark blue, but when it makes contact with the blade it lightens up alot. This is a sign of poor layer interaction

Also, there is a hard cast shadow from the blade over the Surreal lettering...which is not present for the rest of the blade. Again, easier to avoid a gradient layer interaction with a hard line over transparencies.

Working with photoshop all day for my job, I would have to lean towards this as being a fake.

Also, for something this big in our "scene" I would assume someone would provide better screenshots without so much compression on the jpg...it destroys all credability.

ModdingManiac

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2006, 01:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(the joker @ Jun 27 2006, 12:14 PM) View Post

And I doubt x-s would post it if they had even as much as a single doubt in the sources.
 I don't see any reason this have to be fake.

Really..How about devil 360..I think X-Scene is trying to hard to get traffic this way with some useless news lately.

whereisevox

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2006, 01:33:00 PM »

i think who ever said about the opening of pictures, and looking at the shutdown menu is correct...i think they need a new trusted source

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2006, 01:34:00 PM »

its funny the gamer cards on the posts disappeared.. last time this happened was when the servers got slammed on 6/6/06 from devil mod news.

im hopeful... just hope it has something to do with the firmware hack.

jtom617

• Archived User
« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2006, 01:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(decapkris @ Jun 27 2006, 08:40 PM) View Post

I am in a bit of a dilemma. On one hand, I love this site, the mods do a great job and I trust them. However on the other hand there is something fishy about those pics. I mean it would be a hard enough job to crack the box let alone port avaluanch etc to it in such short time  (unless they cracked it a while back but why not say something ealier...devel 360 related??).

I think Ill just sit on the fence here.

may i sit with you?

Ubiquitous Dead

• Archived User
« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2006, 01:36:00 PM »

Now, what i was thinking about...

1. If someone Spectacullary did find out how to do it, WHY on earth modify half the dashboard and keep the Guide? (If this was even possible - which i kinda dont believe)

2. Whats with the HD ? Thats a pic (again) on the normal dashboard ? So what the hell is the big deal?

Now i haven't been in the forums for a long time, but ive been on xscene for ages and this just sucks oO Same with the devil 360, i mean, ok, if its real, ill be the first one to buy it, but hell until then, im getting sick of real/unreal pic's and shit.

Anyway...Modding half the dashboard *head shaking* sure...

jtom617

• Archived User
« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2006, 01:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(Ubiquitous Dead @ Jun 27 2006, 08:43 PM) View Post

Now, what i was thinking about...

1. If someone Spectacullary did find out how to do it, WHY on earth modify half the dashboard and keep the Guide? (If this was even possible - which i kinda dont believe)

2. Whats with the HD ? Thats a pic (again) on the normal dashboard ? So what the hell is the big deal?

Now i haven't been in the forums for a long time, but ive been on xscene for ages and this just sucks oO Same with the devil 360, i mean, ok, if its real, ill be the first one to buy it, but hell until then, im getting sick of real/unreal pic's and shit.

Anyway...Modding half the dashboard *head shaking* sure...

or if you think about it, its being emulated from backwards compatable, and the power menu allways shows no matter what games in. I think we will all find out...  smile.gif

EDIT: LOL TO THE POST BELOW,, LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

MoNeY_MaN

• Archived User
« Reply #70 on: June 27, 2006, 01:39:00 PM »

I am tired of people calling BS on certain topics. lets wait and see what pops up. As we all know begger can;t be choosers. So just wait it out.

Dragonface

• Archived User
« Reply #71 on: June 27, 2006, 01:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(decapkris @ Jun 27 2006, 09:40 PM) View Post

I am in a bit of a dilemma. On one hand, I love this site, the mods do a great job and I trust them. However on the other hand there is something fishy about those pics. I mean it would be a hard enough job to crack the box let alone port avaluanch etc to it in such short time  (unless they cracked it a while back but why not say something ealier...devel 360 related??).

I think Ill just sit on the fence here.

yeah .. and also an irc-client and emulators... ehh  laugh.gif

Ubiquitous Dead

• Archived User
« Reply #72 on: June 27, 2006, 01:41:00 PM »

Uhm, am getting blind and finger-numb or did i write "if its real, ill be the first one to buy one" I still belive in it, but i mean, everyone, who believes is still getting sick of real/unreal info/pics and stuff. Anyone would.

Staple

• Archived User
« Reply #73 on: June 27, 2006, 01:43:00 PM »

"Look what we received today from an anonymous, but trusted, source" <-- hows is an anonymous source trusted? more hype looks photoshoped does shut down controller option still come up if your using a wired controller? either way pictures are worth nothing here

xbox scene is starting to be a gossip magazine they should confirm what they find before posting it like that on the main page i could photoshop a xbmc picture maybe ill get on the main page?

just like devil360

Dragonface

• Archived User
« Reply #74 on: June 27, 2006, 01:43:00 PM »

not to be anal and shit  biggrin.gif  but im guessing if someone was able to run anything homebrewish on the 360 it would be something extremly simple .. like a filebrowser ir something... replacing the dashboard isnt the first thing that comes to mind ...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 30