xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Need Some Help On Backups  (Read 47 times)

toucansam

• Archived User
Need Some Help On Backups
« on: May 20, 2006, 01:27:00 PM »

Ok so I've made 4 coasters so far and seem to be running into some issues on making the backups. I've gotten the firmware stuff down but I can't get any of my backups to work. Using NEC 5150A DL Burner (firmware 2.18 changeable booktype) with Verbatim DVD+R DL discs at 2.4x.

I'm using the tutorial in the xtreme package. SS is extracted and saved (don't think this is the problem). I'm using isobuster to grab the dump. Sent the command to read game files via, DVDInfoPro (FF 08 01 01). My PC then identifies 1 track at ~7.5GB. I also get this message saying something about missing files/folders. On my first 4 coasters I ignored this error and just extracted the whole track. Should i proceed with the file check them rip?

I also use the .dvd file builder in the xtreme package. Booktype is set to DVD-ROM for DVD+R DL. Anyone else having issues with this method? Both my firmwares tested out ok just the ripping part is where i'm struggling (and I thought that would be the easy part sad.gif)

Edit: Forgot to mention i burned one image on my alienware laptop and resulted in a coaster as well. I'm pretty sure I'm messing up somewhere in the dump creation process.