xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: The New Firmware Hack  (Read 112 times)

mksoftware

• Archived User
The New Firmware Hack
« on: March 19, 2006, 08:45:00 AM »

I wonder if the new firmware hack (if released) can be patched by MS, which would make your 360 quite useless. Discuss your opinions here...........

Questioner

• Archived User
The New Firmware Hack
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 10:57:00 AM »

It could be a dual layered dvd in the video, but from my experience with both types of media, it appears its single layer to me.

Hajaz

• Archived User
The New Firmware Hack
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 11:05:00 AM »

uh. they only needed the main xbe or xex or whatever its called nowadays for the game to boot of a dvd5. doesnt have to have the entire game just for testing purposes.
and then theres the possiblity of a dvd9 beeing used.

blah101

• Archived User
The New Firmware Hack
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 11:05:00 AM »

Ya i have to agree.. i would like this to be real.. only b/c thats 1 more step till we can get some great homebrew stuff running(even tho im still waiting on getting a Development Kit to play around with) Only time will tell if its true or not..  ohmy.gif

deltop

• Archived User
The New Firmware Hack
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2006, 12:37:00 PM »

QUOTE(NEWLiNE @ Mar 19 2006, 07:54 PM) View Post

lets just wait and see, see if this 'so called real hack' works, which to me i recon its completly FAKE, i mean comeon how the f*** can you get a 7GB game under 4.7GB? but if this is real and somehow 'extras' have been removed from PGR then ok, but without real proof on how its done (for us guys to do) then this whole FAKE crap has started all over again,

Damn are you really that stupid! Never heard of dual layer burns? I've got a stack of dual layer dvdr's that look just like the one in the video. It's easy to get dual layer dvdr that are printable now. I've burned enough of them. I've even burned a few 360 games on dl diacs for eventual testing when a workable hack comes around.

Here's an example: http://svp.co.uk/pro...olo.php?pid=195

Xombe

• Archived User
The New Firmware Hack
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2006, 08:24:00 PM »