xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help Me Get Internet On Xbox With Linux N Bluetoth  (Read 93 times)

xecuterbox

• Archived User
Help Me Get Internet On Xbox With Linux N Bluetoth
« on: October 01, 2004, 08:17:00 PM »

Hi, Iv got a cheapbluetooth.  I can tell you that the FCC Id is PANBT0002M3

I want to plug this in my xbox and get web access for msn and email and web browsin on holiday away from a normal phone line.  

The bluetooth device gets me internet cos I dial up from my phone (300 free minutes then i anticipate to use virgin for 5p a min)

I have done it on my pc in window sperfectly.  install driver from cd plug it in.  I also noticed the drivers also come with windows sp2.

Now, I am running knoppix bootable cd, plugged into usb, clicked on the menu thing and bluetooth...it found my phone and auto allowed me to use as a modem.

Now time to use it on my xbox linux...HELP

thanks Id really like a xbox connected to internet via mobile phone on bluetooth...cant afford laptop n aint bringin my massive pc cos...im aint allowed lol...

so anyone please do assisit me in gettin this thing to work on the xbox linux.

DONT ask what version of linux I have...I have tried a few, just give me some solutions, I can get any version I need simnce Im on broadband.

all is well, ill be back soon

hope i see otns of replies lolz

One last thing, on the cd there are no linux drivers.

I know its a WIDCOMM kinda bt thing

This post has been edited by xecuterbox on Oct 2 2004, 03:21 AM

Mr. Tom

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2004, 12:01:00 AM »

At first i totally didnt understand your problem, so i wrote out a solution that meant nothing, lol.

If you got it to work in knoppix as a pnp device, with no drivers or any of that kind of jazz, then you should (emphysis on the word SHOULD) be able to plug it in via a USB adapter and have it work.

But, something tells me bluetooth support may have been dropped from xbox linux (in general), just because bluetooth isnt standard on xboxes.

so basically i posted some nonsense, then i realised how wrong i was, and now im just typing for the hell of it, cause this post doesnt really help. sorry.  

This post has been edited by Mr. Tom on Oct 3 2004, 07:05 AM

tactix101

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2004, 06:08:00 PM »

im no help with the linux problem but if your in the uk you can get free internet through gprs with o2 payandgo using a sim with no credit and not registering it.

the downside is you have to go through a proxy  "  193.113.200.195 port 80  "
so no cookies but it's fine for browsing as long as you dont want to sign into sites.

i get 5.5k max download on me laptop through gprs not blistering speed i know but it does me when im at work "security boring 12 shifts" with no bb or landline insite.

compared to 1.2k through dialup.

the best of it is o2 regurly give these sims away for free online .

also you can use tesco " the uk supermarket " sims the same way because they rent there network of o2.

i hope any of that was usefull to ya. beats 300 mins dialup anyway

martia

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2004, 01:38:00 AM »

Hi xecuterbox,

I have also this BT adapter but no drivers at all.
Do you have one?

tx
Martia

chimpanzee

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2004, 09:43:00 PM »

You need to compile the bluetooth drivers in the kernel(i.e. make your own kernel) as well as get the bluez-util(or affix if you prefer that). bluez should support almost all the USB dongles on the market now as they all use the same CSR chip(and reference design).

I believe KNOPPIX use bluez too as that is the standard driver in vanilla linux kernel.